WTF MOTOROLA!? Toshiba Thrive released with FULL SD Support...

bganga

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: WTF MOTOROLA!? Toshiba Thrive released with FULL SD Support..

It's my understanding that Google is responsible for the addition of SD support on the Xoom in the US since it is a "Google Experience" device, not Motorola. I agree with you that this situation is just plain silly.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
No need for all the caps and another rant on a topic already started . Also yes its on Google moto just supplied the device.

sent by CyanogenMod X

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

No need for all the caps and another rant on a topic already started . Also yes its on Google moto just supplied the device.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Sorry for the caps and the rant...

I don't buy this GED crap for a second - MOTOROLA sold me the device - MOTOROLA said the device would get SD card support - NOT GOOGLE - MOTOROLA is responsible - NOT GOOGLE.

Based on the "logic" that this is a so called "google experience device"...what everyone is saying then is that the sacred "Google Experience" doesn't include SD support? So based on that - we'll NEVER get SD support? This sounds a lot more like the "APPLE" experience than any "Google" experience I bought into.

Reactions: Bigfame

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
again as been posted ALL THESE HONEYCOMB TABLETS ARE USING A WORK AROUND FOR SD CARD SUPPORT. Google doesn't official have a fix yet. and the usa xoom is Google tablet that is why the foreigners are getting the fix on there xoom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

For all of you who continue to complain about SD card support, Please shut up and just root the xoom geesh. There is no sense in complaining anymore. It wont change anything. If you don't want to root then make Motorola or Google give the update, oh wait you can't do that can you. So goooooooo Roooooooot it

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

For all of you who continue to complain about SD card support, Please shut up and just root the xoom geesh. There is no sense in complaining anymore. It wont change anything. If you don't want to root then make Motorola or Google give the update, oh wait you can't do that can you. So goooooooo Roooooooot it

I haven't been complaining, but your attitude to shut up is just plain stupid! We were sold a product with a promise and that promise has yet to have been delivered upon. I ask these people to keep complaining and to be louder.

I think someone like you needs to shut up, not everyone wants to void a warranty to get something working that we have been promised would work.

Reactions: Bigfame

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Sorry for the caps and the rant...

I don't buy this GED crap for a second - MOTOROLA sold me the device - MOTOROLA said the device would get SD card support - NOT GOOGLE - MOTOROLA is responsible - NOT GOOGLE.

Based on the "logic" that this is a so called "google experience device"...what everyone is saying then is that the sacred "Google Experience" doesn't include SD support? So based on that - we'll NEVER get SD support? This sounds a lot more like the "APPLE" experience than any "Google" experience I bought into.

Yes moto sold you a device that was not 100% but moto does not have anything to do with fixing it. They chose to release it not finished and will suffer next time they do it again.

sent by CyanogenMod X

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

No need to tell people to shut up. Point them in the direction of how to root and assist them not tell them to shut up. Even the root SD card fix is a work around like the other tabs out that have it. If it was not a Google device moto would have done just as all the other manufacturers did a work around it. When its the official correct way the Xoom will be first in line for it.

sent by CyanogenMod X

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I haven't been complaining, but your attitude to shut up is just plain stupid! We were sold a product with a promise and that promise has yet to have been delivered upon. I ask these people to keep complaining and to be louder.

I think someone like you needs to shut up, not everyone wants to void a warranty to get something working that we have been promised would work.

As already said no need to tell someone to shut up even when they said it. Report it and ill deal with them.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The new date for the 4G radio upgrade is summer 2011, if it's not here by the end of summer is when I will get concerned. As for the SD card, Thats a Google issue not Motorola.

kurttrail

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The new date for the 4G radio upgrade is summer 2011, if it's not here by the end of summer is when I will get concerned. As for the SD card, Thats a Google issue not Motorola.

I really don't buy the Google excuse.

Most of getting the SD card reader working is a kernel matter, which is supplied by the manufacturer.

Android has had full SD card support in previous flavors, so it really shouldn't be that hard to port that small bit of code to honeycomb.

So the question is why hasn't Google done that already, if it's that easy to add SD card code to honeycomb?

Why would Google want to strip something from the tablet version of Android that has always a big selling point over iOS devices?

Sent from my Bolt

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

So the question is why hasn't Google done that already, if it's that easy to add SD card code to honeycomb?

Because Honeycomb is no longer a concern for them.

Honestly, I do not think we will see another upgrade to Honeycomb. They are working on ICS.

-Suntan