Turn off 3G/4G radio? Roaming charges?

GeneDoc

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn off the 3G/4G radio? I know I can suspend 3G service by calling Verizon, but I'm curious if we can control the radio from our devices. I want to keep the service active, but I want to limit the unintentional use of the 3G/4G radio in the event that my WiFi access fails. I'm using NetCounter to watch traffic, but wonder if I can do something proactive.

Similarly, I cannot find anything on the Verizon site about roaming charges. Are there extra charges for roaming that I'm missing or is there no such thing as roaming with the Xoom account?

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it will work in honeycomb but there are plenty of apps in the market that will do what you are asking. Apndroid will likely work. Also mobile network settings usually has a setting to turn data off. These answers are coming off knowledge of my time with android, with no experience of the new honeycomb interface.

Sent from my HTC Vision

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Data Enabled (uncheck it)

That will disable the 3G radio. You can also disable data roaming right underneath that.

GeneDoc

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Data Enabled (uncheck it)

That will disable the 3G radio. You can also disable data roaming right underneath that.

Cool, thanks! Guess this goes into the bin of my many obvious questions. Hope no one is keeping tabs.

Anyone have any idea about roaming charges or where I should look?