25% off coupon and Motorola customer service

tyoutsey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pass on my experience with Motorola.

I was using the coupon for the Xoom when it was active and had it in my cart in the final stage after address and credit card info. I took a call but left it on my screen and when I came back and hit purchase Motorola had canceled the coupon but my screen still said showing 599.99. I hit purchase and it purchased it for 799.99. I contacted Motorola and told them what happened and they were very nice and said they would honor it and they were sorry for the mix up. My Xoom finally shipped and I will get it for 599.99 with the upgrade in shipping and the gel case. Awesome customer service. Great job Motorola

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying you are lying, but I find this hard to believe. I had the exact same thing happen to me, and they will not honor it. In fact, I would say they may have the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

What did you say to them to get them to honor it? My situation was EXACTLY like yours.

So now I have one on the way for FULL price, and they said I just have to reject/return it.

I'm pretty pissed about it actually.

I would be interested to hear more about your case though.

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying you are lying, but I find this hard to believe. I had the exact same thing happen to me, and they will not honor it. In fact, I would say they may have the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

What did you say to them to get them to honor it? My situation was EXACTLY like yours.

So now I have one on the way for FULL price, and they said I just have to reject/return it.

I'm pretty pissed about it actually.

I would be interested to hear more about your case though.

In situations like this it all depends on if you get a good rep and if they are in a good mood.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would bbet there was more of what he didn't say that got him the extra effort from them. Usually I can get anything I want because I say to the support person "So, I am a very angry customer and need free stuff to make me happy, what can you do for me?" I do that in a very joking tone and I got a discounts keyboard shipped to me over night from Verizon. Customer service is directly relate to how you treat them as well. Make them laugh and that will get you free crap.

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I talked to about 5 different people and not one single person was helpful. They said they placed a note for their manager to review my case and to call me back. That never happened.

I tried to be as pleasant and reasonable as possible, but they just wouldn't have it. I even have proof that my total before purchase included the coupon.

I guess you win some you lose some.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had a horrible experience with Moto customer service. I ordered on the 24th with next day shipping and the coupon and have yet to receive it. This is despite calling every day and vein told every day it would be shipping "today". I am so fed up with them that I don't think I will buy another Moto product ever again.

tyoutsey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Calling never got me anywhere. They responded to one of my emails and actually called me and left a direct number where she could be reached. I was actually blown away.

tyoutsey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to give credit to them taking care of the problem. Since I always have no problem bad mouthing a company for a bad experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc