Xoom Update!

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I ran an experiment on shutting down and restarting the Xoom ...

When I have WiFi enabled, restarting the Xoom does not cause the Xoom to check for a system updated.

However, when I turn off WiFi and only have 3G enabled, each restart of the Xoom causes the Xoom to check for a system update.

I would prefer some consistency and that it favored checking over WiFi versus over 3G, as I almost always have WiFi connectivity.

GobbleXoom

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Got mine just now. Just woke up my xoom, it connected to wifi, i went to the android market, and while checking here to see if anyone got theres today, I got my popup message in the middle of the screen (not in the notification section).

BTW, I have never had the 3g activated.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I just got the notification and am downloading the update now. By the way for those counting, I have not activated the Verizon service just Wifi.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I am on wifi only and did not get it. I just loaded it with adb comands now since the word going around if rooted and unlocked it would not make its way to your xoom. If your rooted or thinking about it you can have the new update now.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The update showed up overnight for me as well. I have the 3G service activated but was on Wifi at the time. The Xoom definitely feels snappier after the update.

trip4219

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
agreed...definitely feels a tad bit quicker...did anyone else notice that the boot animation ran smooth as silk?! mine always had 2 very slight "hiccups" in the animation, but no more :) still debating on installing the flash.apk or just waiting till next friday...decisions decisions...

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
agreed...definitely feels a tad bit quicker...did anyone else notice that the boot animation ran smooth as silk?! mine always had 2 very slight "hiccups" in the animation, but no more :) still debating on installing the flash.apk or just waiting till next friday...decisions decisions...

I noticed the same thing about the start-up animation. No stutters at all post-update.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list: Woke up this morning and the update was waiting. I have a 3G plan but was connected via WiFi, and I set it to never go to 3G when WiFi was available, so it definitely came in over WiFi. :)

rmiddle

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
2 of my 3 have been updated. 1 on contract on not. I am sure the 3rd is ready for up date just my mom hasn't turned it on yet.

Thanks
Robert

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress