Are you returning your 3G/4G Xoom for Wi-fi?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I personally would not carry as my primary tablet one that did not have three g or four g. I also have a TB and while tethering is great you do see a twenty percent or so hit in data speeds. I want a full 14 plus on the zoom.

Like someone else said the TB does not support bt tether..... its much slower in my testing anyway so I reverted to my mifi prior to the TB release.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait on the wi-fi model but, decided to get the 3G/4G model again. Having 4G LTE will be nice. For some reason Verizon 3G works faster on the Xoom than the Ipad 2 in my area.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I went the other way. I picked up the wifi Zoom and took it back for the 3G model yesterday.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

rmmorse81

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the new Samsung mifi 4g. Its sweet because I get full 4g speeds and don't have to worry about my battery life at work. So WiFi Xoom it is.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I use a wifi only Xoom and let me tell you, I really want to use it when I travel and stuff, but I need to tether my phone etc. Maybe in the future when I make better money or when Verizon Wireless implements those new cheaper off contract plans I might make next tablet a 3g tablet, for now paying for both my phone and tablet I just cannot afford.

Sent from my Xoom