Horrible AC receptacle

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, less than a week and my AC charger shorts out! Well I may have assisted in its malfunction. *rant* The male end of the adapter is too long and destined to bend! $30 bucks later and my new charger has arrived.

Am I the only one that's on charger two?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with it. I ordered the car charger as a backup, in case my house charger bites the dust.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the design is just shy of ******ed. I can't believe they shipped a $600 device with this crap. I already know it will be the first thing I have to buy as soon as I pick up or move it to where I bend the prong. I am amazed every time i plug it in that crap actually made it to retail.

Reactions: PeMo

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the design is just shy of ******ed. I can't believe they shipped a $600 device with this crap. I already know it will be the first thing I have to buy as soon as I pick up or move it to where I bend the prong. I am amazed every time i plug it in that crap actually made it to retail.

Exactly! I am telling you I bent my prong in less than a week! I wonder if the PowerPad will charge the Xoom? Also, I don't think my Xoom charges when I connect the device to the USB port on my computer... *Odd*

anon(49433)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've taken the charger traveling with me a couple times, and each time I've folded up the prongs so they don't get bent. But now trying to close/fold them up, it feels like I almost have to break it to make it work. Opening up is fine, but I'm afraid it'll break. So far it still works... so I don't know.

Reactions: chaz_uk

rajones19

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
While I share the same concerns regarding the little pin that goes into the Xoom, my bigger problem is the plug that goes into the wall. It absolutely refuses to make contact with most of the outlets in our house. These are new outlets, quality Leviton fixtures that were just installed in the past few months, so it's not a case of an old, loose, worn-out receptacles - it's the nice new snug ones that it refuses to make contact with! I'd blame the receptacles, except they work with virtually every other plug except the one on the Xoom charger. Makes no sense.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Xoom has a terrible design on the charger. It is not designed to charge from the USB. It would be nice if it could but it cannot.

Exactly! I am telling you I bent my prong in less than a week! I wonder if the PowerPad will charge the Xoom? Also, I don't think my Xoom charges when I connect the device to the USB port on my computer... *Odd*

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
While I share the same concerns regarding the little pin that goes into the Xoom, my bigger problem is the plug that goes into the wall. It absolutely refuses to make contact with most of the outlets in our house. These are new outlets, quality Leviton fixtures that were just installed in the past few months, so it's not a case of an old, loose, worn-out receptacles - it's the nice new snug ones that it refuses to make contact with! I'd blame the receptacles, except they work with virtually every other plug except the one on the Xoom charger. Makes no sense.

The new wall plugs are no joke! Forget child proof - Adult proof!

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm just saying! You can't charge the device without taking it out of the moto doc! I really hate the placement of the plug! *my rant for the day*

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The AC charger located on the bottom of the device. Because of the location I can't stand my device up to charge it. I have to remove it from the case I bought. Its trivial I know... but still...

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You know what else is bad about it? Finding the damn hole! If the room isn't lit right, finding this tiny pinhole of a hole on the black bottom of the Xoom... I feel like I'm threading a needle sometimes.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You know what else is bad about it? Finding the damn hole! If the room isn't lit right, finding this tiny pinhole of a hole on the black bottom of the Xoom... I feel like I'm threading a needle sometimes.

They should have put some hair around that thing!