How do i tell if my HTC ONE X is rooted?

lachicala

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I was in Singapore and I decided to pick up a one x, I paid about 800 dollars (standard price) but the chinese guy asked if i would like this software for an extra 80 dollars. He told me that it was definitely worth it as it would cost $150 dollars online to buy this and I would be able to download hundreds of free applications ect. I've been a die hard apple fan for so long that I dont know a thing about androids. I asked him if it was like jail-breaking since I dont do that but he said no this is completely legal, so i was gullible and after a bit of persuasion agreed. He took it out to the back for about 10 minutes and came back to show me what it was , its called "mobile market". Anyhow today i returned to my home country and my boyfriend was horrified, said i'd likely been ripped off and suggested that perhaps it has been "rooted" ( I dont like the sound of that, i'd like everything to be genuine) , I googled this "mobile market" and well apparently its free.. here is the link 1 Mobile Market - CNET Download.com
I will make a phone call tomorrow to the scumbag but for now I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to check whether he did root it? or whether rooting is necessary for this "mobile market" I'm angry and upset and I really don't know anything about androids. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help. Cheers.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your device was rooted, then it would have an application called "Superuser" in your application list.