Jumped from Blackberry to Android

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good morning Peeps

I have just done something i thought i would never do and that is left my beloved Blackberry behind and jamp to Android.

Been a Blackberry user for about 7 years now and swapped my 9900 for a Galaxy S2 last night as i am sorry to say, Blackberry is doomed.

Spent about 3 hours setting up my phone and it is completly alien to me. and so many adverts.

So hello all, as this will be my new home.

Cheers

Chris

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Chris! Welcome to android, and android central forums! I hope you find all the help you need in your transition from blackberry to android!

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA
S-off, boot loader unlocked
illusion CM10.1

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Chris. You're not the only former BB user here. I jumped ship in February and haven't looked back. It's amazing what can be done when you have a phone and an OS that really works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Good morning Peeps

I have just done something i thought i would never do and that is left my beloved Blackberry behind and jamp to Android.

Been a Blackberry user for about 7 years now and swapped my 9900 for a Galaxy S2 last night as i am sorry to say, Blackberry is doomed.

Spent about 3 hours setting up my phone and it is completly alien to me. and so many adverts.

So hello all, as this will be my new home.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the forums and Android!
What carrier do you have? What kind of adverts are you talking about? Where are you seeing them? If you are seeing them in apps that you downloaded, typically free ones will have ads. The downside to free ones.
It also sounds like you have a few more questions. Fire away.

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

Been spending more and more time with the phone today and really liking the customisable abilities in it like the widgets and homescreens.

There are so much more apps that i can use as well, something I was missing on the BlackBerry.

I think the apps wih the adverts are a bit of a pain however, it lets you try them before buying them. Saves you wasting your money.

Still playing around with it. Hardest part is trying to Reprogram my brain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

Been spending more and more time with the phone today and really liking the customisable abilities in it like the widgets and homescreens.

There are so much more apps that i can use as well, something I was missing on the BlackBerry.

I think the apps wih the adverts are a bit of a pain however, it lets you try them before buying them. Saves you wasting your money.

Still playing around with it. Hardest part is trying to Reprogram my brain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cool. You can also check out QBKing77 on YouTube. He has a lot of how to videos for the Epic.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.