HTC one fell into the water and now facing typical battery issue..

andres vicuna

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I was pushed into the water with my HTC one in my pocket and I rapidly went back up. I was very foolish because I did not turn it off inmediatly.

So, couple of days off with it and now it works just fine, but battery is not working properly, it shows a exclamation sign when plugged in, saying that the status is unknown. Sometimes it charges a little bit, making me very glad, but exclamation sign appears again, at 3% or 5% charge.

I BOUGHT MY PHONE IN SINGAPORE, I LIVE IN CHILE, SERVICE SAYS THEY WONT RISK OPENING IT CAUSE OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL.

IS THERE ANY SUGGESTION?
THNKS

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You'd need to remove the battery immediately, do your best to dry both the phone and battery, dab rubbing alcohol over the insides of the phone and battery to dissolve mineral deposits, and put both the battery and phone as separate pieces into a big plastic or glass container of rice for at least a week, without trying to turn it on.

Otherwise, hate having to say it, but yes, your phone is very likely toast, if it got soaked or submerged.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and ugh. Was it an accident, or was it a "joke"? If it was a "friend's" idea of a "joke," then you should insist with a big smile and a laugh that he buy you a new phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I agree with the rice, but that should have been done immediately. Since it has been a few days, I don't think any good will come from it, now.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Definitely see if you friend will cover cost of a new device. Regarding the battery, not sure that there's anything you can really do other than try and open it up yourself if you can find a replacement. However, I suspect it might not be just a battery issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty