Nexus 4 won't boot up unless plugged in

CMac o

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago i got a Nexus 4 off eBay. Now the phone wont boot. However it will boot into the bootloader but when i press the power button when on start, it shows the Google logo for 5 seconds then the screen goes off and the LED light at the bottom of the phone flashes a red light for half a second and turns off. When i am in the bootloader i have to have the phone connected to a power supply. When i do connect the phone to power the Red LED light flashes on for a split second.

Big help if you could help me because I dont have that much money

Cmac

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I assume you can boot the phone normally when it's plugged in? Once it's up and running, does it shut down if you unplug it? If so, it sounds like your battery is shot. I would try taking it to a cell repair shop and see if they can replace it (or, if you're handy, google some YouTube videos and give it a go yourself).

CMac o

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Thnx for your reply. The battery is actually new and i can only boot the android bootloader. I cant get into the android operating system. But thanks anyways

bayu priyanta

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem :( . . my nexus only start when its plugged in.. when i plugged it off, it will be dead,, no response.. when i push the power button, it showing the "google" logo then turned off.. Please Help . :'( :'(

JoeSimms

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The only solution for me that worked, was to simply replace the battery. I don't logically understand why the battery was at fault. It charged, and discharged without issue. But this problem needed a new battery. They cost about $15 on aliexpress.com, and elsewhere, so it's worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87