Hi everyone :D

anon(4086706)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
So this is my third sub account for mobile nations. I just had my Nexus 5 as my Play phone. :D . Hoping I can see tricks and help here.

Of course, my primary phone will still be a BlackBerry

Nexus 5 | LG D821/Android 5.0.1 with ElementalX 2.10 | SmartBro PH

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to green robot territory. We WILL convert you! 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Time to use the Jedi mind trick: Android is the droid you're looking for. Is it working?:p

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we'll convince you to make Android your primary phone :) Although I don't like BlackBerry's platform anymore (I did start my smartphone life with one, so I respect them and dearly miss their unified Inbox), it's interesting that you can run Android apps on top of it, so that does make a compelling point if you're tied into BB's services.

anon(4086706)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi there! Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we'll convince you to make Android your primary phone :) Although I don't like BlackBerry's platform anymore (I did start my smartphone life with one, so I respect them and dearly miss their unified Inbox), it's interesting that you can run Android apps on top of it, so that does make a compelling point if you're tied into BB's services.

The reason why I find BB10 compelling is that I find it a balance between iOS's simplicity and Android's customizability. It's visually pleasing but also has a good degree of granurality in terms of functionality (E.g. I can browse files like Android but has good UI like iOS).

Another factor is messaging. In fact, with respect to typing: given my few days of using the Nexus and loading most of my messenger apps and using them a lot, I still find it easier to type to my Passport (not only the flick action is helpful, when I code switch from English to Filipino, the phone's prediction happily follows). Of course if I missed something that could make the Google Keyboard "follow" me when I code switch between languages, someone can let me know :D.

As for the apps, I'd say nothing still beats using an actual Android phone plus the plethora of apps it brings (especially if it's using Google Play Services). While the recent updates had made the Android Runtime in BB10 on par with the real deal, there are some few edges that should be resolved. But I'm quite happy I can play Clash of Clans and use Viber on it. I also feel a bit "freed" with the stream of apps I can use without the worry of Google Play Services checking and all ;-).

At the end of the day, I really don't see myself defecting to either side, but I just see two distinct purposes.(Work = BB10, Play = Android) It's much better this way :D

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We accept anyone no matter what device they have! Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my splendid Note 4.