Fascinate Newbie - too many email apps

allison44

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Learning to use my Fascinate. Just switched to Verizon. I seem to have 2 email apps running at the same time. One is the gmail app. The other is the (Verizon?) email app that comes preloaded. I don't think it's good to have both of them running. I get 2 notifications when I get an email. Which one should I keep and how do I get rid of the other one? Thanks for all you help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Firstly, welcome to AC! You should keep whichever application you feel good using. when you decide,let's say gmail, you can go into the Verizon application and either log off or disable notifications. It should be within the settings menu of the app.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello member,
Welcome to Android Central forum... the place where you'll find answers to your questions.

For additional tips & tricks click on the link in my signature.
Have a good day.

allison44

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I tried that---

I opened Task Manager and closed all apps. But both email apps seem to keep opening up by themselves, or else I'm confused. I'm worried about getting too much stuff happening at once, because I already had to take my phone to the shop and get a hard reset twice, so I don't want to overload it with too much email, especially since gmail has several thousand old gmail messages saved in my account. I'm just trying to understand as much as possible what happens with the connection between my gmail account and my phone. My phone (or android OS) seems to be very integrated with google and gmail, also with bing. :D

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! If your still having issues with your email, I would check in settings>accounts and make sure your gmail address is only in there once.