Samsung Gem Number Pad blinks on and off

jciesla

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android and smartphones. Got my first one 1 month ago a Samsung Gem. When I am on a call that requires me to input numbers from the on-screen number pad, it is impossible because the number pad goes on and off every few seconds and does not allow me time to punch in the numbers.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

jciesla

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android and smartphones. Got my first one 1 month ago a Samsung Gem. When I am on a call that requires me to input numbers from the on-screen number pad, it is impossible because the number pad goes on and off every few seconds and does not allow me time to punch in the numbers.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Upon my 3rd visist to a Verizon Store, I finally found someone who knew how to fix the problem. There is a sensor above the top right of the screen. If one's fingers are in line with that sensor, the number pad goes off. Thus, when using the number pad, be sure none of you fingers go above the number pad or it will turn the screen off without pressing anything, merely haveing your fingers raised. Hope this helps someone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress