Charging the Nexus 4 with a portable battery

tlucca

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is been covered before but I couldn't find it in any of my searches. I have a portable battery to charge my Nexus 4, it has both 1 amp and 2.1 amp output. I'm using a stock Micro USB cable but or I can only get USB charging on the phone it doesn't show up as AC charging . Do I need a special cable to allow for AC charging with the battery? I have the stock rom and I don't know if the phone supports fast charging. Any help would be much appreciated as the USB charging is very slow . Thanks, Tom

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is been covered before but I couldn't find it in any of my searches. I have a portable battery to charge my Nexus 4, it has both 1 amp and 2.1 amp output. I'm using a stock Micro USB cable but or I can only get USB charging on the phone it doesn't show up as AC charging . Do I need a special cable to allow for AC charging with the battery? I have the stock rom and I don't know if the phone supports fast charging. Any help would be much appreciated as the USB charging is very slow . Thanks, Tom

A lot of portable chargers need a shorter cable to charge properly. My Anker battery came with a really short cable and it charges from dead to a full charge in less than 2 hours.