getting the N4, and need a help figuring out which case/screen protector(s) to buy

uvakatzaa

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am now ordering the Nexus 4 from the US. I just wanted to note - this is my first smartphone (so I want it to stay nice as long as I can keep it nice, while me being pretty much careless with electronics).

So I need your help with:
1. I want a case which protect my phone, but doing it while staying as minimal as it can be, means - keeps the natural looks of the phone + dosn't makes the phone too lumpy (I guess the 4"7 screen for itself is enough to make the carrying of it a bit of a nuisance) .
2. I guess a bumper + screen protectors are the way to go if you want to keep it minimal, but I wonder - will it be protective enough ?
3. as for the screen protectors? Do I need them to cover the gorilla glass, or the gorilla is safe enough?
4. if you do recommend using a screen protectors, which one do you recommend? (I think I read there is a HD version of the screen protectors, do I need those).
5. I guess I am asking what is the best packaged of accessories to order, so my phone be safe and pretty to use.

So, as you can see, I am a confuse consumer in a urgent need,
I appreciate it (and apologise for the lame english),
Uv

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I currently use The Ringke Fusion. It adds very little bulk and shows off the fancy back of the N4.
I also have a couple of the Cruzerlite TPU cases. Also add minimal bulk while adding a little style.
Lastly I have used Seidio Active cases for other phones. Great protection, but bulkier than I care to carry.
All of these add decent protection from regular wear and tear. I wouldn't trust any of them in a drop. I find a minimal case and treating my $300 investment like a $300 investment rather than a toy is plenty of protection.
As for screen protectors... I've never used one. The glass fronts are very durable. Even my old gen 1 iPhone held up to living in my pocket with my car keys for 4 years without any significant damage.

e00008

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Smoke Flexible TPU Case from Amazon. The Orb charger works with it and it adds very little bulk to the Nexus.

I also purchased an Amzer AMZ95268 Shellster Holster Combo Case Cover from Amazon. I threw away the shell as all I wanted was the holster. The Nexus with the Diztronic skin fits snugly into the Amzer holster.

Bruce

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo