Unlocked boot loader, CWM showing, but NO ROOT??

tulofever

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the rooting game. I've got my nexus 4 bootloader unlocked, and I'm able to use the CWM to try and install .zip files etc but anything that requires root access is a NO GO. Nothing is working. I can't seem to install anything through CWM and I always get the "installation aborted" message. I've restored multiple factory images (4.2 and 4.2.2) and tried to root in a number of ways but I always seem to get stuck just short of completion.

A couple days ago I was able to root and install ROMs using TWRP, but ever since restoring after that session I encounter this problem. It's driving me crazy, as I've been tinkering with solutions for days but I'm stuck. Right now, I'm using the stock 4.2.2 because I've basically given up.

Can someone please help the new guy out!!?? Pretty please??

thegadgeteur

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the rooting game. I've got my nexus 4 bootloader unlocked, and I'm able to use the CWM to try and install .zip files etc but anything that requires root access is a NO GO. Nothing is working. I can't seem to install anything through CWM and I always get the "installation aborted" message. I've restored multiple factory images (4.2 and 4.2.2) and tried to root in a number of ways but I always seem to get stuck just short of completion.

A couple days ago I was able to root and install ROMs using TWRP, but ever since restoring after that session I encounter this problem. It's driving me crazy, as I've been tinkering with solutions for days but I'm stuck. Right now, I'm using the stock 4.2.2 because I've basically given up.

Can someone please help the new guy out!!?? Pretty please??

Having similar issues and would love to get something custom installed.