Nexus 4, cant make calls

Rory Poole

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
since christmas my nexus 4 has had more and more trouble making calls, now I cant make or receive any calls, it has android 4.4.2 a moded version , I have been trying to understand how to reinstall 4.4.2 I have given up on upgrading android as there is too many ways to mess it up, I just need to be able to use it as a phone, 10 years a go I studyed networking and IT but this makes me feel so stupid, when I try to make a call it just said dialing and and counts the seconds connected? but I can hear nothing, sound is at max, same with reserving a call, my phone is used for all my internet access, as I can not get a line installed in my flat, and the local library blocks a lot of sites like this one on modding phones as it is counted as hacking! so I have to do it in one go.
any help getting my phone working would be welcome

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd first bring it to the carrier and see if they had any ideas. (An intermittent SIM card could be causing the problem.)

Rory Poole

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
3G internet access works fine as dose texts so I dont think it is the sim, and I got a sim only deal so I will get no help from them, at christmas I tried out some new apps, I have uninstalled them all today but it made no difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member