From OnLeaks, Get Excited

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
the last few days there have been multiple sources that cited a 2700 mAh battery, which I've suspected all along. still hoping it's 3000, same as the G4 like you said, but I'm not very optimistic.

I get the thin phone, small battery combo for Joe Public that walks into his carrier store and buys what's pretty, but I'd think Google would be more sensitive to phone enthusiasts with its Nexus brand this time around. I love all the features, and the specs are perfect, but that battery is such a black cloud.

is it the end of the world? of course not, but 2015 has been such a disappointing year for us, cause we've seen great phones ruined by small batteries and bad processors. if true, I'll probably just stick with what I have and hope 2016 is better. worse case scenario, I'll at least get the 820 processor, even if batteries continue to be small, which is what I expect at this point. either way, to buy an 808 or 810 this late in the year, combined with a 2700 battery just isn't what I'm spending my hard earned money on.

I could compromise the processor, but not the battery. and I don't want to hear about how efficient it is and how M will be so much better with battery life. it's the same story every year, and sometimes you just need raw power, especially if it is as efficient as they claim, so that it'll take advantage of that. the goal is to improve, not remain at the same 3-4 hours SOT, which will surely require a replacement battery every year that I have to pay for. yeah, hope I'm wrong, but definitely not excited about 2015 phones right now. I'll just continue to upgrade my home entertainment system and maybe start working on the car stereo.

I agree mostly with what you say. I am not that harsh critic of Android M improving battery life as you are but do understand where you are coming from. I do have my reservations about Android M but do 100% believe it will improve battery life. However just don't know how effective doze will be for the average or heavy user. Those users may never be able to into that deep sleep function for apps and may have very similar lollipop battery life. Those this is just my speculation.

Hardware and Software optimization is really key factor in battery life look at Note series. Over course year Note has had superb battery life. The Note 5 which has smaller battery than all previous models still has more less same battery life. Take Note 4 and Nexus 6 which have similar displays, same chip and Nexus 6 with slightly bigger battery but Note 4 still has noticeibly
improve battery life. GSMarena had battery endurance test scores of 70hr for the Nexus 6 and 84hr for Note 4. Now not discounting a bigger battery helps as well as other hardware but is seems software and optimization is the bigger picture.

Huewaii and the One Plus Two have phones with 3200mah to 4000mah batteries but there GSMarena Battery endurance scores don't come close to the Nexus 6.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree mostly with what you say. I am not that harsh critic of Android M improving battery life as you are but do understand where you are coming from. I do have my reservations about Android M but do 100% believe it will improve battery life. However just don't know how effective doze will be for the average or heavy user. Those users may never be able to into that deep sleep function for apps and may have very similar lollipop battery life. Those this is just my speculation.

Hardware and Software optimization is really key factor in battery life look at Note series. Over course year Note has had superb battery life. The Note 5 which has smaller battery than all previous models still has more less same battery life. Take Note 4 and Nexus 6 which have similar displays, same chip and Nexus 6 with slightly bigger battery but Note 4 still has noticeibly
improve battery life. GSMarena had battery endurance test scores of 70hr for the Nexus 6 and 84hr for Note 4. Now not discounting a bigger battery helps as well as other hardware but is seems software and optimization is the bigger picture.

Huewaii and the One Plus Two have phones with 3200mah to 4000mah batteries but there GSMarena Battery endurance scores don't come close to the Nexus 6.

I agree. M will certainly improve on battery life, that I agree with. the problem is that battery sizes stay pretty much the same, but displays improve, speed gets faster, and more power is needed. we're not just talking Nexus obviously. so what happens is, yeah, the latest OS improves battery life, but SOT doesn't improve since that efficiency goes toward the increase in specs/features. that's why nothing can compensate for raw power, hence the disappointment with the small battery.

The Note is a freak, lol ... I commented about it last night on that Edge+ vs Note 5 article. The Note 4 even gets similar battery life as the Turbo despite the huge difference in size. What's strange is the S6 doesn't experience the same optimization. I mean, with the Note, that battery life comes out of the box, not like you have to disable half its features.

That's an exception to the rule though, and as far as Nexus is concerned, it hasn't shared the same success, far from it.

The Nexus 4 and 5, both made by LG, were horrific on battery life, hence my skepticism. The writing seems to be on the wall all ready, and trust me, I'd love to come back to this post in a month and admit I'm wrong. Until then, it just seems like more of the same ... If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well .. you get the point!!

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree. M will certainly improve on battery life, that I agree with. the problem is that battery sizes stay pretty much the same, but displays improve, speed gets faster, and more power is needed. we're not just talking Nexus obviously. so what happens is, yeah, the latest OS improves battery life, but SOT doesn't improve since that efficiency goes toward the increase in specs/features. that's why nothing can compensate for raw power, hence the disappointment with the small battery.

The Note is a freak, lol ... I commented about it last night on that Edge+ vs Note 5 article. The Note 4 even gets similar battery life as the Turbo despite the huge difference in size. What's strange is the S6 doesn't experience the same optimization. I mean, with the Note, that battery life comes out of the box, not like you have to disable half its features.

That's an exception to the rule though, and as far as Nexus is concerned, it hasn't shared the same success, far from it.

The Nexus 4 and 5, both made by LG, were horrific on battery life, hence my skepticism. The writing seems to be on the wall all ready, and trust me, I'd love to come back to this post in a month and admit I'm wrong. Until then, it just seems like more of the same ... If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well .. you get the point!!

I said in other threads the LG G4 battery life is what we should expect more or less from 2015 Nexus 5.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I said in other threads the LG G4 battery life is what we should expect more or less from 2015 Nexus 5.

I know they've said otherwise, but I'd be surprised if the 2015 Nexus from LG wasn't based on the G4. Really good phone. Took some work to get the H811 to run smooth, but I got it there. Without the bloat, this would make a great Nexus. I anticipate when it's announced, the inner workings of the phone will be the same, save for the camera. The physical design may be different, but don't be fooled folks. If there's an 808 in there, it's the same phone, same chip set.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it makes sense. Nexus 5 was based off LG G2 internals with the exception of the camera.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I know they've said otherwise, but I'd be surprised if the 2015 Nexus from LG wasn't based on the G4. Really good phone. Took some work to get the H811 to run smooth, but I got it there. Without the bloat, this would make a great Nexus. I anticipate when it's announced, the inner workings of the phone will be the same, save for the camera. The physical design may be different, but don't be fooled folks. If there's an 808 in there, it's the same phone, same chip set.

I agree. I have Nexus 5 and it's a G2. If you had Nexus 7 Gen 1 it was cancelled Asus Tablet. Samsung "Galaxy" Nexus were based Galaxy phones. Good hasn't deviated much from there process of making Nexus phone. What because it allows bring out tried and true bang for buck device. Everyone wants next "X" tec in a Nexus phone don't realize it takes "$$$" and Google not about 700 plus phones or having flagship killer. Google not also about making a brand for Nexus terms as how Apple and Samsung are seen.

Google Nexus line just about solid devices to show case Android and blueprint where Google wants Android the OS to go. They make Nexus devices for Devs and are just nice enough to make more so Fan Boys and Fan Girls can have.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

considering the 2700 rumor I'm putting more eggs into the Hauwei version's basket. at this point, and given the continual disappointment in 2015, I'll grab this over the LG version. I can care less about aesthetics. just give me 3300 minimum (I'm hoping 3500+ but seriously doubt it), 64MB and front speakers.

And they can keep their USB-C if it's 2.0 ... the whole reason to get excited over the new port was if it was 3.0. I'd rather stick with a micro USB than 2.0 quite honestly.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I get the thin phone, small battery combo for Joe Public that walks into his carrier store and buys what's pretty, but I'd think Google would be more sensitive to phone enthusiasts with its Nexus brand this time around. I love all the features, and the specs are perfect, but that battery is such a black cloud.

This is why the public needs to demand removable batteries. My GPE Galaxy S4 is super thin, as thin as any newer phone. Yet I can use my two spare batteries and chargers to give the phone virtually infinite life without the need to plug in. And it weighs a feather. There is literally no downside to the consumer.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is why the public needs to demand removable batteries. My GPE Galaxy S4 is super thin, as thin as any newer phone. Yet I can use my two spare batteries and chargers to give the phone virtually infinite life without the need to plug in. And it weighs a feather. There is literally no downside to the consumer.

IMO this is one of those things that there is no going back on. The world is moving to a non-removable battery place and it's here to stay.

Project Ara might change this and I hope it does but I'm not holding my breath.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
IMO this is one of those things that there is no going back on. The world is moving to a non-removable battery place and it's here to stay.

Project Ara might change this and I hope it does but I'm not holding my breath.
Sooner or later, someone will release a pure phone with a removable battery. And it will be perceived of as a gimmick by then.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why, but my excitement for the Huawei Nexus is dwindling. Ever since that leak showing the ugly hump, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Then there's the 810 issue, not to mention rumors of only an 80 mAh increase in battery from the Nexus 6, is not all that exciting to me.

I feel like Google will be pushing out a bastardized version of a Huawei phone, without giving us the benefits of an actual Huawei device, namely the premium build and huge battery. A fingerprint scanner isn't a priority for me at all, yet it's obviously all the rage now.

The only thing that will wow me about this device will be that rumored 4,200 mAh battery, sold at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I'll feel very foolish in being all excited and posting all this info about the potential of a Huawei-built Nexus, especially when compared to the Mate line.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why, but my excitement for the Huawei Nexus is dwindling. Ever since that leak showing the ugly hump, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Then there's the 810 issue, not to mention rumors of only an 80 mAh increase in battery from the Nexus 6, is not all that exciting to me.

I feel like Google will be pushing out a bastardized version of a Huawei phone, without giving us the benefits of an actual Huawei device, namely the premium build and huge battery. A fingerprint scanner isn't a priority for me at all, yet it's obviously all the rage now.

The only thing that will wow me about this device will be that rumored 4,200 mAh battery, sold at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I'll feel very foolish in being all excited and posting all this info about the potential of a Huawei-built Nexus.

Okay, that battery is not gonna happen. Sadly, it's just not. Also, I feel like the 810 is a bad choice. Motorola going with the 808 for their 2015 flagship speaks volumes to me.

That being said, if it's a Huawei device running stock Android, you might be more pleased than you think. You may have to put up with the battery, but how's that different for recent Nexus devices.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
With the black hump on the Huawei, if anyone releases a black case with the hump cut out (which would be fine since it would then sit flat on a table, we might be in business.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

The only thing that will wow me about this device will be that rumored 4,200 mAh battery, sold at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I'll feel very foolish in being all excited and posting all this info about the potential of a Huawei-built Nexus, especially when compared to the Mate line.

I share your lack of enthusiasm, but for different reasons.

the hump doesn't bother me one bit, but as you know by know, I'm in the minority and aesthetics mean nothing to me. I don't live on Mars though and I realize it's ugly, but it'll have a black case on it, and combined with that unbranded front it'll look sick.

the 810 rumor is concerning. signing up for a phone that I intend on keeping 30 months minimum, especially this late in the year, has me hesitant.

what really took the wind out of my sail was the pathetic 2700 mAh battery in the LG version. that tells me 4200 has 0 chance of happening, and we'll be lucky to get 3500.

I'll compromise. trust me when I tell you I'm not picky. Processor, display, size, aesthetics, NFC, USB, quick charge, wireless charge, camera, fingerprint sensor, glass backs, removable batteries, speakers, SD slot, rear buttons, RAM .... all negotiable.

I just want 2 things: stock and a big battery.

I was nauseated defending my position to the countless amounts of people telling me that mAh isn't everything. I won't repeat myself, I just don't have the energy.

at the end of the day, these are phones, and none of this means anything. but like any form of entertainment or interest, I do have feelings and I was definitely let down by that 2700 rumor.

we'll see a phone the size of a credit card before we see 4200 mAh. from Apple to Samsung, and every OEM in between, they'll continue to push thin phones until the laws of physics intervenes.

whether a phone gets 3 or 4 or 5 hours SOT doesn't excite me. I want 8-10. I want to go a full day without even thinking about my battery life. unfortunately though, the combination of the only two things I care about, battery and stock, simply don't exist.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
For those with declining enthusiasm for Nexus line, the Moto Pure will be available for pre-order tomorrow at 3 pm,( for US users) using Motomaker, etc. 3000maH battery, 808 processor and just about stock 5.1.1. Could be a good choice for people on the fence.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For those with declining enthusiasm for Nexus line, the Moto Pure will be available for pre-order tomorrow at 3 pm,( for US users) using Motomaker, etc. 3000maH battery, 808 processor and just about stock 5.1.1. Could be a good choice for people on the fence.

moto play: big battery, moto bounce: bigger battery, moto pure: 3000 mAh .... woop dee doo