From OnLeaks, Get Excited

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
@OnLeaks: #LG's New #NEXUS: Likely Metal Body,roughly 146.9x72.9x8/9.8mm,5.2" Screen,Front Facing Speakers,Fingerprint Sensor on the Back,USB Type-C

@OnLeaks: #Huawei's #NEXUS: Metal Body,roughly 159.4x78.3x6.6/8.5mm,likely 5.7" Screen,Front Facing Speakers,Fingerprint Sensor on the Back,USB Type-C

If these are true, call me giddy, as long as the batteries are big.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why Google didn't trust just just one company to make this years device, why two? Can't wait to see the Huawei's version (that's a frustrating name to spell)

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why Google didn't trust just just one company to make this years device, why two? Can't wait to see the Huawei's version (that's a frustrating name to spell)

It's not about not trusting just one manufacturer. When the Moto Nexus 6 came out with such a premium price, a lot of people that were used to Nexus devices being $350 were put off. Not to mention how big the phone is. It wasn't for everyone. By making two devices, both sets of users are covered.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It's not about not trusting just one manufacturer. When the Moto Nexus 6 came out with such a premium price, a lot of people that were used to Nexus devices being $350 were put off. Not to mention how big the phone is. It wasn't for everyone. By making two devices, both sets of users are covered.

I'm not doubting for a second that two devices aren't better than one, I like the idea of having a premium Nexus or a cheaper Nexus to buy - my question was, why not give one manufacturer the task, why have two different designs for the same phone theoretically.

I might want a 5.7 inch phone, but prefer the LG design.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not doubting for a second that two devices aren't better than one, I like the idea of having a premium Nexus or a cheaper Nexus to buy - my question was, why not give one manufacturer the task, why have two different designs for the same phone theoretically.

I might want a 5.7 inch phone, but prefer the LG design.

Might be concerns about resources, if one company was responsible for both devices. It's usually better to spread the business to multiple suppliers.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

It's also a good in into the Chinese market for Google, which can only help them grow larger in a growing market... while still working with the last very successful Nexus from LG.

Personally, I'm not a phablet fan, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the new LG version.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It will be exciting to see what they do with both phones. I will prob aim to get the 5.7 device as I loved my Nexus 6 size. Hopefully the smaller variant from LG won't be designed better.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This just took a step in the right direction of keeping me away from the Moto Style but it's still got some ground to make up.

Something tells me these batteries will never be big enough for you either, OP ;)

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm likely going to keep my Nexus 6 but will keep an eye out for Huawei Nexus. Even if I don't end up get anything I always love Nexus news.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This just took a step in the right direction of keeping me away from the Moto Style but it's still got some ground to make up.

Something tells me these batteries will never be big enough for you either, OP ;)

LOL, I know, damn it. It all sounds really good so far, it would be just like Google to disappoint in that key area.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's the thing. 9.8 mm and 8.5 mm. Those are shaping up to be some substantial phones with some heft to them. Especially when you look at a majority of higher-end phones being in the 6.0+ mm range, you'd think both phones would have good size batteries in them. I'd hope so.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
@OnLeaks: #LG's New #NEXUS: Likely Metal Body,roughly 146.9x72.9x8/9.8mm,5.2" Screen,Front Facing Speakers,Fingerprint Sensor on the Back,USB Type-C

@OnLeaks: #Huawei's #NEXUS: Metal Body,roughly 159.4x78.3x6.6/8.5mm,likely 5.7" Screen,Front Facing Speakers,Fingerprint Sensor on the Back,USB Type-C

What do u have stock or family in hauwei????
Seems to be a unproven company I haven't seen there devices anywhere! Lg,Motorola htc, Samsung, aeus I see all over the place.... As far the specs for mate 8 I don't believe Google will have them make a sd slot so is it going to be 32 ,64 or 128gb.. I believe 64gb would be standard anything bigger would put it in the $500 bracket.... I hope they keep it under $400.. I may get it of its 5.7 in. I like the slender sleek look but definitely going to wait till its been out for couple months say...... February...

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
  • 2013 Nexus 5: 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm (5 in. display)
  • G3: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm (5.5 in. display)
  • 2015 Nexus 5X: 147 x 72.6 x 7.9/9.8mm (5.2 in. display)
  • Weight: 136g
  • G4: 148.9 x 76.1 x 9.8 mm (5.5 in. display)
  • Ascend Mate 7: 157 x 81 x 7.9 mm (6 in. display)
  • 2014 Nexus 6: 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm (5.9 in. display)
  • 2015 Nexus 6P: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3/8.5mm (5.7 in. display)
  • Weight: 178g

Last edited:

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be a unproven company I haven't seen there devices anywhere! Lg,Motorola htc, Samsung, aeus I see all over the place.... As far the specs for mate 8 I don't believe Google will have them make a sd slot so is it going to be 32 ,64 or 128gb.. I believe 64gb would be standard anything bigger would put it in the $500 bracket.... I hope they keep it under $400.. I may get it of its 5.7 in. I like the slender sleek look but definitely going to wait till its been out for couple months say...... February...

No, I don't have stock in Huawei, but I've used a Huawei smartphone, and it was solid. I've seen reviews of real world users that love Huawei phones, especially because of the huge batteries and FHD screens that they prefer using. Just because you don't see them where you are, doesn't mean that people don't use them.

Also, the tech sites wouldn't post reviews about them and how good they are on YouTube if they weren't an option for people to use. Besides, where do you think most smartphones are manufactured? That's right, in China. So I'm not gonna hate on a company just because most people don't know about it. If they make great phones, I don't care if it's made on the moon. It's called doing some research. Try it. :)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

enough for me to hold out on the Pure, either way, two of the three to replace my S4 and Nexus 4 are monster upgrades.

so glad I was patient and didn't jump on the S6 or G4!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

it's a huge brand in Asia, known for high quality phones at inexpensive prices. not big in the US and some other places, so not a surprise some people think the way you do.

the one knock I've heard is in the past it's had questionable software, but that's not an issue here with Nexus. I think it'll be more expensive than $400, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69