Release dates?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Wonder when it/they will be released. Kind of important since the Moto X comes on Sept 3 with maybe pre-orders sooner than that. If the Nexus 2015's won't drop until Oct/November, Moto could scoop up a lot of orders, since it is just about a Nexus device with a couple of good Moto features.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 6 was released around early November 2014.

So I assume the next Nexus devices will be unveiled in 8 weeks and released around end of October/early November :)

Also, the people who buy Nexus its a different market from Moto (sort of, for example who wants a Moto G for daily driver won't be interested in Google's own High End phones)

It all depends on how Moto X performs and how many persons want to upgrade to either a Moto or Nexus device. But Android fans that only use AOSP will only buy Nexus for sure.

Their only other option is Moto or other phone with a AOSP Rom.

But in terms of sales it all depends, Moto X is really looking good in terms of price/quality.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if Google will be releasing the Nexus line earlier this year. I don't recall seeing all the leaks so early in the previous Nexus cycles. Seems like they're a month earlier this time.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Nexus One = 1/5
Nexus S = 12/16
Galaxy Nexus = 11/17
Nexus 4 = 11/12
Nexus 5 = 10/31
Nexus 6 = 10/29

Notice it keeps getting earlier each year...

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Nexus One = 1/5
Nexus S = 12/16
Galaxy Nexus = 11/17
Nexus 4 = 11/12
Nexus 5 = 10/31
Nexus 6 = 10/29

Notice it keeps getting earlier each year...

Which means as Google said at I/O about Android M's final version being released at the end of Q3, we may be looking at a release at the end of September, mid october at the latest. ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The release dates aren't the problem..... is actually getting the phone lol.

True that. I was lucky to snag the Nexus 6 during their weekly Wed release windows last year, if I recall correctly. Others didn't get theirs until late December or January.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
True that. I was lucky to snag the Nexus 6 during their weekly Wed release windows last year, if I recall correctly. Others didn't get theirs until late December or January.

that dreaded Wednesday release schedule, where the white ones were gone in seconds, the 64GB in minutes, and if you were lucky the 32GB midnight blue in 20 minutes.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Google learned from last years release! I don't recall any issues with ordering the N5. The trick with that one was know one knew when it was going to be released. It randomly popped up one day in the Play Store if I recall correctly. Luckily I had alerts set up and ordered one fairly quickly.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Google learned from last years release! I don't recall any issues with ordering the N5. The trick with that one was know one knew when it was going to be released. It randomly popped up one day in the Play Store if I recall correctly. Luckily I had alerts set up and ordered one fairly quickly.

the Nexus 4 was a nightmare, even though I got lucky and got it day 1 ... last year I just gave up and when the 64GB white version finally became available, I had second thoughts and just figured I'd wait to see what the M9 and S6 looked like. Definitely grabbing one of the Nexus phones this year though, I'll jump through hoops cause I still have my Nexus 4 and S4.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've done some research about past leaks on the Nexus line compared with released dates and I've determined the LG Nexus 5 (2015) should be released between September 16th and September 30th. My guess is they will announce around the 16th and release on the 30th.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've done some research about past leaks on the Nexus line compared with released dates and I've determined the LG Nexus 5 (2015) should be released between September 16th and September 30th. My guess is they will announce around the 16th and release on the 30th.

I've been saying the same. We have a final preview of a mostly finished Marshmallow, so I think we could see an announcement in mid-September and shipping dates toward the end of the month. Steve Hemmerstoffer (onleaks) seems pretty confident that these leaks are the real deal, and I believe him, so the phones should be ready to go soon. I'm keeping my eye out for FCC notices.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

And that would be just fine with me... I'm just looking forward to seeing the real release and specs of the LG version!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87