Unanswered 5x (and 6P) questions?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems there are still a few gray areas regarding the 5x (and even the comparisons to the 6p. If anyone knows the answers or can point to definitive proof let's have it.

1. Are the rear facing cameras using the same sensor? I know the 6P has burst but I don't think this means a different sensor.

2. Is USB-C on the 5x 2.0 or 3.1? I only heard it's 3.1 on the 6P.

3. Do the backs of the 5x feel like the original 5? This one is my personal question. I loved the back feel of the Nexus 5.

4. Do both devices have Google Now always listening (even with screen off)? I remember the 2nd guy that presented saying something but I want to be sure.

5. Do both devices have the same type of LED notification light?

6. Do both devices have active display? I only heard it mentioned on the 5x, which is weird because it would work better on the AMOLED screen of the 6P, than the IPS LCD of the 5x.

7. Why do I want to buy both phones so badly? I'm loving the size and build of the 5x but I'm a spec junkie and would love the monster performing 6P device as well.

Feel free to add any other questions.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems there are still a few gray areas regarding the 5x (and even the comparisons to the 6p. If anyone knows the answers or can point to definitive proof let's have it.

1. Are the rear facing cameras using the same sensor? I know the 6P has burst but I don't think this means a different sensor.

3. Do the backs of the 5x feel like the original 5? This one is my personal question. I loved the back feel of the Nexus 5.

4. Do both devices have Google Now always listening (even with screen off)? I remember the 2nd guy that presented saying something but I want to be sure.

6. Do both devices have active display? I only heard it mentioned on the 5x, which is weird because it would work better on the AMOLED screen of the 6P, than the IPS LCD of the 5x.

7. Why do I want to buy both phones so badly? I'm loving the size and build of the 5x but I'm a spec junkie and would love the monster performing 6P device as well.

For #1, appears so:
Nexus Camera Gets Huge Improvements, Slow-Motion Video, Smart Burst (6P Only), Launch Shortcut, And More

For #2, I'm guessing both are 3.1 since the 5x supports fast charging.

"If you do get low, charging is quick with the USB Type-C plug. It's reversible, so there’s no more guessing which way is up."

It's also interesting that the 6p comes with an USB-A to USB Type-C cable but the 5x doesn't...

5x:
What's in the box
Nexus 5X phone
USB Type-C 15W (5V/3A) charger
USB Type-C to Type-C cable
SIM tool
Safety and Warranty information
Quick start guide
Google Play Music promo card

6p:
What's in the box
Nexus 6P
USB Type-C 15W (5V/3A) charger
USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable
USB Type-C to USB Standard-A plug cable
SIM tool
Safety and Warranty information
Quick start guide
Google Play Music promo card

#3: from some hands on videos I've watch, it appears they feel the same. I believe it was Phil from here at AC that said they felt the same IIRC.

#5: yes! The Nexus 5X Does Have A True RGB Notification LED Just Like The 6P, But It's Missing From The Spec List

#7: I bought both and will return the one I don't want to use. The 6p will probably be too big for me but I want to give it a fair shot. The specs of the 5x sound awesome, and don't scare me away like some spec junkies on the forums do. In fact, if the software is running as it should be, 2GB of RAM and a 1080p screen should be just fine. The 808 in the Moto X Pure is a great processor so should run well here.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok that's kind of BS. I don't want to have to spend $10+ on a new cable just to be able to plug the damn thing into my computer and transfer files.

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/3...name-meaning-usb-2-0-no-qi-charging-and-more/