I got my Nexus 5X (First Impressions, User Reviews)

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mine has just been delivered

The 5x is basically taller than the Nexus 5 by the height of the 5x top bezel and wider by it's side bezel. I'll be interests to see how this makes it feel when I pick it up later. I loved the size of the N5.

lnh62

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

Just curious if you have any comments on daylight visibility yet. Have a 5x on order, but it isn't expected to arrive for another 10 days. I've had a Moto X (2013) for almost 2 years now, and that is one aspect which was very poor on an otherwise excellent phone. Earlier this month was trying out a S6 for a couple weeks, and found both its daylight visibility and battery life (~ 5 hour SOT) very good. Ultimately I returned the S6 as it crashed at least once on a daily basis and kept fighting the device to make it as Nexus-like as possible (too much S-crap which not only didn't add value, but got in the way).

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

So I'm not the only person concerned with screen brightness outdoors. I'm hoping the 5X will be as good as the G4 which is pretty good. I have done a fair amount of reading about screen nits across all manufacturers and Motorola is usually at the bottom of the pack. My N6 is pitiful compared to my G4 and my G4 is pitiful compared to my Blackberry Classic which is perfectly legible in direct sunlight. I think the BB nits are around 900, the G4 around 450 and the N6 is mid 200's. Most of the newer iphones are in the high 500"s for comparison sake. I've always wondered why reviewers don't talk about screen nits because for those of us that spend time outdoors this is a very important feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

roxas1011

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

This has been the most informative info since the keynote, thank you! I only have one further question: does the 5x support USB OTG w/o root?

cooperb21

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Besides some minor aesthetic differences, Spigen doesn't cover the buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
So im guessing one is lighter maybe the spigen and the other offers slightly more protection? I might end up getting both to see what i like more. I wanted something light weight not extra bulk.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Question about the fingerprint scanner. Can you train it to use more than one finger, or is it just one and done?

coolkenny13

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site

congrats buddy. thank you for taking the time to post pictures

is 3.5 hours oncreen time considered good? the note 5 can get around 5 hours on screen time right?

Last edited:

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

3.5 is not good but I wouldn't call that a result yet after 1 or 2 charge cycles. Even my Nexus 5 got regularly over 4 hours - with brightness around 30-40%.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

congrats buddy. thank you for taking the time to post pictures

is 3.5 hours oncreen time considered good? the note 5 can get around 5 hours on screen time right?

My Note 4 gets from 5-7 hours. Averaging just over 6. Note 5 is even better than that

smithy1983uk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This has been the most informative info since the keynote, thank you! I only have one further question: does the 5x support USB OTG w/o root?

i don't have a USB OTG cable so cant check fully so i downloaded this app hope this helps

Screenshot_20151019-085157.png

and as somebody else has mentioned yes you can store multiple fingerprints

Budius

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

hey smithy1983uk,

Thanks for all the info shared. I'm still very very curious about the camera quality.
I've seen the first photos you shared, but AC forums downscale and compresses the images a lot.
I wonder if you could share a google photos album with your sample shots, that would be great to see all the 16MP of it.

Thanks.

smithy1983uk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site