Nexus 5X not working with Anker Bluetooth selfie stick

technodroid

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the Anker Bluetooth selfie stick. Now my understanding is that these BT selfie sticks all work the same way by mimicking the Volume up button. The selfie stick works fine the first time I click the button when I'm in the camera app but subsequent clicks with attempt to edit the last photo taken. If I quick the camera app and go back into it then it will take a photo again for the first time but then same problem as before. Occasionally the subsequent clicks will not go into edit mode but will bring up the share dialog as to where I want to share the last photo but it will never take another photo unless I restart the camera app.

If I use the actual volume up button on the phone then it works completely as expected (one photo for each click). Also, if I go into the video mode of the camera then the selfie stick button will toggle recording and stop recording fine (multiple times in a row) so this is not a problem. It's just in the camera app.

I'm using a Google Nexus 5X with the latest version of Android and the default Google camera app that came on the phone.

Any ideas why this might be doing this?

TIA

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One reviewer at Amazon.com said this:

UPDATE: Anker reached out after I made my return and sent another one free of charge. This new unit works perfectly with my Nexus 5X. The stick reconnects immediately and triggers the camera shutter properly.

I have therefore changed my rating to 5 stars to reflect the quality of this writing unit and Anker's fantastic customer service.

My original review is below:

I was unable to get with working with my Samsung Galaxy S4 or LG Nexus 5X. Bluetooth constantly failed to re-connect after the initial sync. Pressing the button would activate the timer, redial phone numbers, basically everything except for taking the picture.

It did seem very sturdy though, and Anker usually makes great products. Guess I just got a defective unit.

Maybe you have an older revision of the product? Might want to contact Anker support: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...A%2F%2Fwww.anker.com%2Fsupport&token=Wts1tdR5

technodroid

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks for the info. I purchased it from Anker via Amazon website. I tried contacting Anker via Amazon but no response as yet but I only contacted them over the weekend. I'll try the Anker website directly too. Thanks again :)

pk216

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get a response to this question? We are having the same issue with our anker selfie stick and Nexus 5x. Takes one photo then tried going into edit mode. :(

Okay thanks for the info. I purchased it from Anker via Amazon website. I tried contacting Anker via Amazon but no response as yet but I only contacted them over the weekend. I'll try the Anker website directly too. Thanks again :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get a response to this question? We are having the same issue with our anker selfie stick and Nexus 5x. Takes one photo then tried going into edit mode. :(
Did you fix this issue? I would suggest contacting Anker if you have not already done so - keep us posted.

Gav W00t

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I purchased two Anker Selfie-sticks and gave them as presents to two people now with Nexus 5Xs. Both have the exact shame problem. It's really weird as I can't get the problem to occur any other way, just the button on the stick.

It'd be great to know how to fix this.

I got my replacement selfie stick from Anker today and have the same trouble as the last one. Any ideas?