New Nexus 5X running Marshmallow new Verizon phone..no notifications on voice mails. What can I do?

A

AC Question

New Nexus 5X running Marshmellow; new Verizon phone...no notifications on voice mails

I bought a new Nexus 5X; added it to my wife's Verizon account. Everything works fine but... I don't get notifications of any kind when someone leaves a voice mail. Verizon says it is the phone (of course).

I can easily retrieve the messages *86...but I don't know that they even exist???

Any help appreciated. richg99

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Nexus 5X running Marshmellow; new Verizon phone...no notifications on voice mails

Mod Note, I will move this to the 5x forum for more visibility

bmac360

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 5x. As I understand it has something to do with visual voice mail. I called Verizon Tech support, and asked them to move me from the Basic Visual Voice Mail to the Basic Voice Mail. Once they did that, and I restarted my phone everything worked. By going back to the basic voice mail, when someone leaves you a message you will get the little cassette notification to alert you.

I wish that the basic Visual Voice mail would work, but at this time it does not. It sounds like it is a Verizon set up for it not to work correctly.

I hope this might help you.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 5x. As I understand it has something to do with visual voice mail. I called Verizon Tech support, and asked them to move me from the Basic Visual Voice Mail to the Basic Voice Mail. Once they did that, and I restarted my phone everything worked. By going back to the basic voice mail, when someone leaves you a message you will get the little cassette notification to alert you.

I wish that the basic Visual Voice mail would work, but at this time it does not. It sounds like it is a Verizon set up for it not to work correctly.

I hope this might help you.

Yes. Call or go to the store and ask them to reset your account to basic VM. You will get the phone-looking notification when you get a VM. You have to dial in and enter PW. Verizon's visual VM doesn't work,

If you don't want to listen to the call info every time, try this*:
Try this after dialing *86 and entering your password:

Press 4 - Personal Options
Press 2 - Administrative Options
Press 4 - Message Review options
Press 2 - Envelope Info (Date/Time)
Press 2 - To turn off/on envelope info

Voice mail instructions PDF can be found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=o6ny3V6C

*tip from Synycalwon

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Guys/gals??? I called Verizon tech support today. They tried every way to Sunday to get my Visual Voice mail to work with the Nexus 5X but nothing was accomplished. Got to give them A for effort.

I had them do the " move me from the Basic Visual Voice Mail to the Basic Voice Mail" and I am in business!

thanks to all of you who helped or tried to help. richg99

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87