Rumor: Huawei Nexus Could Be Global LTE Device

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Grain of salt here with this one. Apparently the Huawei Nexus is said to be the world's first global LTE device. Apart from that, it says that there are four color options for the phone (really?) and it's said to take design inspiration from the One M9. I could sooner believe global LTE and One M9 design inspiration, especially since we got that prototype leak, but color options? Not so much.

Exclusive: Huawei’s Nexus smartphone could be the world’s first global LTE device | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Grain of salt here with this one. Apparently the Huawei Nexus is said to be the world's first global LTE device. Apart from that, it says that there are four color options for the phone (really?) and it's said to take design inspiration from the One M9. I could sooner believe global LTE and One M9 design inspiration, especially since we got that prototype leak, but color options? Not so much.

Exclusive: Huawei’s Nexus smartphone could be the world’s first global LTE device | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

interesting. seems reasonable given the Fi explanation. the 820 leaves me with a lot of questions though. I hope it's true, but anytime I see an article suggest it, I can't help but to be more skeptical.

you've mentioned it before, I suppose it's possible the LG version gets released first, then the Hauwei version closer to December/January.

also, if these specs/features are accurate, I don't see how Google can keep the cost below $550 ... and if the recent specs we see are true, I'd gladly pay it. that said, it would make sense for Google's strategy to just get the Nexus in as many hands as possible, so that they can make their money in Fi.

Even though its bands and the Fi network is nowhere near as expansive as they how it to be, I can see how they'd want to get things starting now, knowing that it's a long term plan and it could take 10+ years before things really gain traction globally.

As far as the colors, that definitely came out of left field. if the rumors are true though, and we get that big battery we're hoping for, I can care less what color are available, or about aesthetics in general for that matter.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
interesting. seems reasonable given the Fi explanation. the 820 leaves me with a lot of questions though. I hope it's true, but anytime I see an article suggest it, I can't help but to be more skeptical.

you've mentioned it before, I suppose it's possible the LG version gets released first, then the Hauwei version closer to December/January.

also, if these specs/features are accurate, I don't see how Google can keep the cost below $550 ... and if the recent specs we see are true, I'd gladly pay it. that said, it would make sense for Google's strategy to just get the Nexus in as many hands as possible, so that they can make their money in Fi.

Even though its bands and the Fi network is nowhere near as expansive as they how it to be, I can see how they'd want to get things starting now, knowing that it's a long term plan and it could take 10+ years before things really gain traction globally.

As far as the colors, that definitely came out of left field. if the rumors are true though, and we get that big battery we're hoping for, I can care less what color are available, or about aesthetics in general for that matter.

I think you nailed it. I agree with all you've said here. Also, I just posted a couple new tweets from OnLeaks about both Nexus phones. I'm excited, to say the least.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you nailed it. I agree with all you've said here. Also, I just posted a couple new tweets from OnLeaks about both Nexus phones. I'm excited, to say the least.

yeah I'm excited too ... nice job and thanks for posting links here ... just as excited for these to launch, but cautiously optimistic about the battery. in the grand scheme of life it's really not a big deal, but as an android fan, and someone in need of two replacements ASAP, I'll be devastated if these batteries disappoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38