Will we be able to root our devices?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to root and install custom roms a lot, but haven't done it in awhile. This may sound strange, but when I rooted and installed roms, all I wanted was a battery percentage showing, and to be able to have a different lockscreen homepage. Being able to center the clock was fun but not a must. I know there are apps for these but it not the same. AOKP was my favorite Rom but they haven't really been keeping up lately, at least not with the devices I've been using.

I really want to use Android pay also. If a workaround come about like they mentioned I may try it, but I most-likely won't be unlocking my bootloader and rooting this time.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to root and install custom roms a lot, but haven't done it in awhile. This may sound strange, but when I rooted and installed roms, all I wanted was a battery percentage showing, and to be able to have a different lockscreen homepage. Being able to center the clock was fun but not a must. I know there are apps for these but it not the same. AOKP was my favorite Rom but they haven't really been keeping up lately, at least not with the devices I've been using.

I really want to use Android pay also. If a workaround come about like they mentioned I may try it, but I most-likely won't be unlocking my bootloader and rooting this time.
It's been a while since I've ran stock Android, can you still not get a battery percentage in the notification bar without rooting?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jdub251

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Ah, an app. Well that's good that there's a way. It's too bad it's yet to be baked in.

I'm not sure if it is. I haven't had stock Android in a while. I used an app, if not this one, to do it then. Android has came a long way. I believe the setting for it is turned off by default for some reason.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I plan to stay stock and unrooted/unlocked boot loader for as long as I can. With no carrier bloatware on Nexus, that removes one of the reasons I used to root/custom ROM on other older Android devices. Like qnet, I also plan to use Android Pay. If root "disables" or impedes the ability to use Android Pay, then another reason for me not to root/custom ROM.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I've ran stock Android, can you still not get a battery percentage in the notification bar without rooting?

I am not sure if you guys know this but the ability to add battery percent on the icon is available on stock Android M now.
Its a hidden settings but you can enable it without root

["M"-azing] Android "M" Preview 2 Lets You Remove Icons From The Status Bar, Put Remaining Battery % Inside The Bar

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if you guys know this but the ability to add battery percent on the icon is available on stock Android M now.
Its a hidden settings but you can enable it without root

["M"-azing] Android "M" Preview 2 Lets You Remove Icons From The Status Bar, Put Remaining Battery % Inside The Bar

Oh thank god. This is fantastic. This would be really one of the only reasons now a days I would have to root and ROM and now it comes on stock android. You made my day with this, thanks!

EDIT: What about that blasted NFC Icon?
EDIT 2: NVM. This isnt a stock android thing I guess? God I've been out of the loop for too long.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh thank god. This is fantastic. This would be really one of the only reasons now a days I would have to root and ROM and now it comes on stock android. You made my day with this, thanks!

EDIT: What about that blasted NFC Icon?
EDIT 2: NVM. This isnt a stock android thing I guess? God I've been out of the loop for too long.

NFC icon dont show on stock Android and with the new system UI tuner you can pretty much remove any icons you dont need on the phone

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
NFC icon dont show on stock Android and with the new system UI tuner you can pretty much remove any icons you dont need on the phone

But the ui tuner is in the dev previews. Is it also in the final build too? I haven't gotten around to sideloading the final software onto my nexus 5 yet, but I did have it on the dev 3 build. So just curious if it actually made it to marshmallow.

Posted via the Android Central App

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But the ui tuner is in the dev previews. Is it also in the final build too? I haven't gotten around to sideloading the final software onto my nexus 5 yet, but I did have it on the dev 3 build. So just curious if it actually made it to marshmallow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes it is. I flashed the factory image on my Nexus 6 and it's on there.

iusemyfingers

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why not! The first thing I'm doing is rooting my phone. I don't feel the need for roms any more. With apps like xposed I'm pretty much set.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Thank you, but that only does the same thing that the battery percentage enabler app does, which is put the percentage inside the icon. It's too hard to see for me atleast, and I'd rather have it next to the icon like on the Note 5 or Iphone.

Yes it is. I flashed the factory image on my Nexus 6 and it's on there.

I have the 6.0 update on my nexus 9 but can't find it in developer settings. Maybe it's just on the phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez