Does the Nexus 6p have an HDMI output?

A

AC Question

Does the Nexus 6p have an HDMI output

I would like to hook up my Nexus 6p to my television, does it have an HDMI output or is there another way I can connect my phone and television?

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does the Nexus 6p have an HDMI output

Not sure if the phone has HDMI output, but you can buy a Chromecast (which plugs into the HDMI port on your TV) and cast stuff from your phone to your TV.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I would like to hook up my Nexus 6p to my television, does it have an HDMI output or is there another way I can connect my phone and television?

Chromecast. for $35 you can mirror your phone and laptop(mac/windows/chrome OS)

you also get additional casting benefit. why do wired when you can do wireless?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

The answer is no. I believe they answered that in the AMA from last week.

As said Chromecast is what you'll need.

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Lack of HDMI output is the only thing that gives me pause about getting this phone. I have a mini projector that I use regularly hook up to my G2 with a slimport adapter. Yes, there's Chromecast, but that's a pain to use in hotels or out camping.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lack of HDMI output is the only thing that gives me pause about getting this phone. I have a mini projector that I use regularly hook up to my G2 with a slimport adapter. Yes, there's Chromecast, but that's a pain to use in hotels or out camping.
Agreed. My note 3 has nice hdmi out but netflix app only 720p so netflix tells me to buy note 5 except note 5 has no hdmi out! Chromcast has its own problems. I just want netflix through app at 1080p and hdmi out at 1080p

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Didnt work for me. Although I did use a USB-c to Micro USB adapter. But I have use that adapter to try it. I use it all the time for data transfer without issues.

Nexus Six P

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Please read through this sub-forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/accessories/hdmi-adapter-6p-t3224011) to get more info. AFAIK, 6P won't work with MHL; excepting Chrome books, the last device from Google that used MHL was the Galaxy Nexus. I could be wrong so I'm sending you to another source for more info.

krisiskris

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Tried connecting my Nexus 6P up to my TV with the USB-C to HDMI adapter from the Google Store. Doesn't work! Nothing happens when connecting and can't find any options in the phone that might enable HDMI output

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

No it doesn't and it's absolutely unnecessary. If you want to connect to your TV just cast to it. A Chromecast will allow you to cast anything to your TV, basically the TV mirrors the phone screen. If you have a smart TV you don't even need a Chromecast, you can cast directly to it with Allcast and apps like Netflix and Youtube will couple to the TV's Netflix and Youtube apps allowing you to control them with the phone but playing through the TVs Ethernet or WiFI connection.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

FYI there is a Tap 10 promo on Android Pay that gets you a free Chromecast with 10 AP transactions by the end of the month. Available to certain customers in the USA AFAIK.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

No it doesn't and it's absolutely unnecessary. If you want to connect to your TV just cast to it. A Chromecast will allow you to cast anything to your TV, basically the TV mirrors the phone screen. If you have a smart TV you don't even need a Chromecast, you can cast directly to it with Allcast and apps like Netflix and Youtube will couple to the TV's Netflix and Youtube apps allowing you to control them with the phone but playing through the TVs Ethernet or WiFI connection.

Maybe unnecessary for you. But HDMI is still easier for travelling if you don't want to bother setting up a network and just wanna watch a few shows on the TV. It's also handy for quick presentations at a remote office or playing a video clip at a friend's house and you don't wanna bother hooking up to Wifi and having to reset a Chromecast. Heck, some offices won't let you on their Wifi anyway.

Moot point anyway, because the 6P is useless in those situations.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
A Chromecast will do everything an HDMI cable does, it's cheap ($35) and it's more convenient. It plugs into the same HDMI connector on the TV and if you are giving presentations you can stand anywhere in the room while you are speaking because you won't be tethered to the TV by a short HDMI cable.