Make sure all your info is correct on preorder!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Online shopping 101 - if you want painless experience, make sure if possible to have the shipping address same as billing address. I know sometimes people want to ship to their office etc but if you want the order not be cancelled etc best is to have both addresses match.

Absolutely should not matter. Billing address is needed for CCard verification, shipping address should not get your order cancelled at all unless its a bad address. Been ordering online a good 10 years and never once have I had any processing problems because of a different shipping address. It's asinine if Google is cancelling orders for that reason.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely should not matter. Billing address is needed for CCard verification, shipping address should not get your order cancelled at all unless its a bad address. Been ordering online a good 10 years and never once have I had any processing problems because of a different shipping address. It's asinine if Google is cancelling orders for that reason.

Agreed. This is absurd, if this is what has been happening. I was going to post exactly what you did: I have been purchasing items online for 15-20 years, and have never had an issue because my shipping address was different from my billing address.

I want to be clear that I am not impugning the veracity of the OP (especially since he's apparently a fellow Beaver); I'm simply saying this should not be an issue for any business, much less an enormous multinational company like Google.

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope i have no issues i ordered Friday night no charge yet still pending the address is the same for credit and shipping but different names

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope i have no issues i ordered Friday night no charge yet still pending the address is the same for credit and shipping but different names

Yeah, I ordered Friday night, as well, but I used my typical method: shipping to my business address, which is not my home/billing address. I live in a city and do not a have secure place to leave packages at my home, so I have no other choice. This should not be an issue.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. This is absurd, if this is what has been happening. I was going to post exactly what you did: I have been purchasing items online for 15-20 years, and have never had an issue because my shipping address was different from my billing address.

I want to be clear that I am not impugning the veracity of the OP (especially since he's apparently a fellow Beaver); I'm simply saying this should not be an issue for any business, much less an enormous multinational company like Google.

I mean me and the guy above could be unlucky anomalies. I tried to order two times at first but they were kicked back. So I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the wallet team and they had me input everything in to my wallet account exactly as they needed it to be. Hung up, placed the order, which went through, then received an email 20 days later saying they cancelled it.

Luckily they replaced stock a few days later, so the only issue I really had was the gift card promo. But as you said, you would think with a company as large as Google they wouldn't have any of these types of things happen.

Now I just have to wait for my order to get out of processing. That 1-2 process has turned to 4 at this point -_-

Oh and Go Beavs! (Class of '13)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean me and the guy above could be unlucky anomalies. I tried to order two times at first but they were kicked back. So I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the wallet team and they had me input everything in to my wallet account exactly as they needed it to be. Hung up, placed the order, which went through, then received an email 20 days later saying they cancelled it.

Luckily they replaced stock a few days later, so the only issue I really had was the gift card promo. But as you said, you would think with a company as large as Google they wouldn't have any of these types of things happen.

Now I just have to wait for my order to get out of processing. That 1-2 process has turned to 4 at this point -_-

Oh and Go Beavs! (Class of '13)

And to be clear, I'm not disputing your experience. There have been plenty of reports of anomalous shipping issues from Google with this phone. I'm really sorry you're having this problem, and I may well have the same issue since I also had mine shipped to my work address. It's just ridiculous that this should be any kind of an issue at all in 2015.

Class of 1987 (born and raised in Oregon; lived in Boston since '89). GO BEAVS!

Jerad Burley

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It looks like I might be lucky then because my order showed my billing address as my name, country and zip code only. Billing address is different from shipping by the way. I contacted them a few weeks ago to make sure that it would be corrected (after I had went into my payment methods and updated the card, still not sure how the address info was deleted). They sent me an email back saying it was expected to ship on Nov. 2nd and everything looked fine. Well I kept checking my bank account and found a few temp authorizations come through from Google but nothing had been posted as of last weekend. So I replied to their support email stating that I had read where customers were getting their orders canceled and getting screwed over because of this and said that they would lose a valued customer if this was the case with my phone. Got an email from them yesterday morning saying it was still showing to ship that day. Low and behold, this morning I received an email saying my phone shipped and it was going to be delivered TODAY. FedEx overnight delivery that was picked up last night at 8pm. I'm not sure if it was my stern words that helped or what but everything seems to have been expedited within the last 12 hours. Are they sending all phones with overnight delivery? Seems expensive since it was free shipping.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It looks like I might be lucky then because my order showed my billing address as my name, country and zip code only. Billing address is different from shipping by the way. I contacted them a few weeks ago to make sure that it would be corrected (after I had went into my payment methods and updated the card, still not sure how the address info was deleted). They sent me an email back saying it was expected to ship on Nov. 2nd and everything looked fine. Well I kept checking my bank account and found a few temp authorizations come through from Google but nothing had been posted as of last weekend. So I replied to their support email stating that I had read where customers were getting their orders canceled and getting screwed over because of this and said that they would lose a valued customer if this was the case with my phone. Got an email from them yesterday morning saying it was still showing to ship that day. Low and behold, this morning I received an email saying my phone shipped and it was going to be delivered TODAY. FedEx overnight delivery that was picked up last night at 8pm. I'm not sure if it was my stern words that helped or what but everything seems to have been expedited within the last 12 hours. Are they sending all phones with overnight delivery? Seems expensive since it was free shipping.

Nice! I got the email this morning as well. It's supposed to be here tomorrow, so more like 2 day shipping for me. Better to be safe than sorry when checking with them, seeing as how they tried to Auth a couple of times.

Posted via the Android Central App

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had Square Trade and used it before. Here's the biggest issue. Depending on what happened (in the case of my GS4 a broken screen), they will want you to go to a repair shop and get it fixed. Send your receipt and they will reimburse you. Unlike Apple Stores, there aren't too many places that will fix/replace your phone the same day. The one I went to had to order the screen replacement part. So I basically spent a week without a phone.