App Installs/Updates that Hang

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody experienced installing or updating an app that seems to hang or freeze the Play Store? Specifically Facebook has updated their app 2 or 3 times since getting my 6P and everytime I go to update it, it seems to hang at "Installing". After about 5 minutes of trying to install, I usually hit the stop button and it indeed finished installing, but wouldn't continue to downloading the next app. I've seen this with the Play Music app as well.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing the app and the same thing occurred where it stayed at "Installing".

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Facebook update hang on my N5 and N9. It also seems to have updates every other day, but nothing different written in the change log. They can't even be bothered to tell you what they are updating half the time. I hate that app so much, all it is is ads and clickbait now, not to mention a battery hog. I didn't even install it on my 6P.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using facebook on the web these days. i enabled notification on chrome for mobile.

The notification is reliable no more hangs/slow down/battery drain and huge storage use

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Metal which was good, but it was missing some features like swiping through albums. Maybe I should give it another shot.