Considering the Nexus 6P, can I get some help?

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Considering the Nexus 6P, some questions.

I'm coming from a Droid Razr Maxx HD, which is getting a little long in the tooth, and am considering the Nexus 6P because of it's large screen and lack of bloatware.
I like Googles products, I have a Nexus 10 that I picked up as soon as they were available. It's still going strong and gets used a few hours every day.
My carrier is Verizon and I still have the grandfathered unlimited data plan.
I am not a power user, but I appreciate well made electronics.

My main question concerns the fingerprint scanner. Is using the scanner mandatory for using up the phone? I would hope not, as this could pose a problem if I wanted to let my wife use my phone.I would prefer just to press a button to wake the phone up.

Also how is the reception? I've read a couple reports of the 6P not having as strong of a signal as the S6 or Note 5.

Thanks

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Considering the Nexus 6P, some questions.

No to the fingerprint sensor (or you can set up multiple fingers, but I wouldn't necessarily bother). I would use it, though. It's lightning fast.

The reception is pretty good for me. I have had no problems.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

The fingerprint sensor isn't mandatory, however, it's easy enough to register the sensor to recognize your wife's fingerprint as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'll echo others here. The fingerprint sensor is not mandatory but it is really nice. And you can register multiple fingers so other people could use it.

I haven't tried any Samsung phones lately but the Nexus 6p has noticeably better reception than my Nexus 5. My apartment is a black pit of poor signal and with my Nexus 6p I can finally make calls without sitting right next to a window. (T-Mobile)

Posted via the Android Central App

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

The fingerprint scanner is not mandatory... you can choose to have just a standard swipe to unlock without no pin, pattern, or biometrics.

I have my wife's fingerprint registered on my 6P and she also knows the unlock pattern so she has no problem using my phone if she has to with the scanner enabled.

The fingerprint scanner works so fast I think it's actually considerably faster than pressing the power button and swiping to unlock the phone.

Last edited: