What apps keep the 6p awake?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not dozing

Can't believe you got that kind of predicted battery life with that yellow signal bar.! Hopefully my replacement will be like that. I'm going to be popping my Sim tonight and keep my fingers crossed

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah.. Usually I get a green signal due to my LTE booster for my house. Signal is a slight issue for me since the house is all brick.

Usually when the booster is working well I can get a ton of estimated time haha (see below for a screenshot from the other morning).

As for apps I only have one weather widget updating every hour and also have Google now running (along with all the syncs). Other than that not much else goes on so the phone doesn't wake up much.

Attachments

• 1451867704020.jpg
    1451867704020.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 1451867740339.jpg
    1451867740339.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 91

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hate Facebook apps including WhatsApp, I only have WhatsApp due to some friends not wanting to use other apps to communicate!

Posted via the Android Central App

Honestly, I don't think it is fair to lump Facebook and WhatsApp into the same group.

The many versions of the Facebook app have always sucked - figuratively and battery life. WhatsApp, on the other hand, has always been and still is a well-designed app. It is unfortunate that Facebook bought the app last year but, thankfully, they have so far maintained what seems to be a hands-off approach to it.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I use the Facebook app and it is not a battery drain at all. I have it set up to allow no notifications and I close it when I'm not using it. Same goes for Messenger. (Attempting to use the Facebook web shortcut through Chrome instead is a exercise in futility, especially with regards to photos.) I see much more battery drain from Google Play Services, but I'm not disabling that, obviously. Waze is a tremendous battery drain when I forget to shut it down.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Brick and plaster house here as well. This baby keeps the cell signal very robust. Different model from yours though.

IMG_0237.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Brick and plaster house here as well. This baby keeps the cell signal very robust. Different model from yours though.

View attachment 212060

Ah yep that's the one that goes through your home internet right? The one I got boosts the actual LTE signal from outside to inside the house (there is a 2nd part to that unit.. A window unit). I almost went with that one but since I LTE by a certain window in the house I went this route so I don't have rely on my Internet. It helps when the Internet goes down and I can tether.

For more info on this booster I wrote a review on it here - http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4546150 :).

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Ah yep that's the one that goes through your home internet right? The one I got boosts the actual LTE signal from outside to inside the house (there is a 2nd part to that unit.. A window unit). I almost went with that one but since I LTE by a certain window in the house I went this route so I don't have rely on my Internet. It helps when the Internet goes down and I can tether.

For more info on this booster I wrote a review on it here - T-Mobile: Cel-Fi 4G LTE Signal Booster - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com :).

Yup. The signal was too weak in my area for the window booster setup. Luckily with FiOS I've only experienced one internet outage in five years. Unlike AT&T's similar type of unit (the MicroCell), this T-Mobile cellspot actually delivers LTE speeds, not 3G. Very pleased.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Facebook.. ug.. that app... I actually uninstalled it and just have a shortcut to open the web version in chrome. The damn thing wouldn't stop nom-noming my battery. That's pretty much the only app that I can't keep in control, no matter what I do to it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

this T-Mobile cellspot actually delivers LTE speeds, not 3G. Very pleased.

I couldn't care less about data speeds over the booster... I just use it for the power savings. Sure, if my internet goes down, I guess it would be more important. But since I got FiOS, the only time my internet has gone down, it was because my power dropped out. In which case, the booster wouldn't serve me any good either. :)

amirfk12

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
For all those facebook app haters, I use an app called Tinfoil for Facebook. It's basically a shell for the online mobile site, but it works better and has more features than simply using a browser shortcut for it. Give it a try! (I also hate the FB app and got rid of it and messenger)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For all those facebook app haters, I use an app called Tinfoil for Facebook. It's basically a shell for the online mobile site, but it works better and has more features than simply using a browser shortcut for it. Give it a try! (I also hate the FB app and got rid of it and messenger)

Actually... barring the silly name, this isn't a bad app. It is really just a browser shell that loads the mobile site, but that keeps it from tying up a Chrome tab on my phone. If only it had a persistent action bar at the top of the screen. But beggers can't be choosers. I used to use Friendcaster back in the day, but I think that Onelouder ran afoul of big F and had to cease development on it....Or maybe Facebook just made it a royal pain in the **** to integrate into an app like that.

ajkam

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Weather bug was problematic for me. Needs access to Bluetooth, and somehow was "accessing" Bluetooth constantly and keeping the phone awake. Didn't show up as a battery-consuming app, however, so was a pain to identify as the culprit.

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Same for me, kept my phone awake all the time killing my battery. uninstalled it yesterday and all back to normal. What a difference in battery life 15 hours with 55% remaining

Weather bug was problematic for me. Needs access to Bluetooth, and somehow was "accessing" Bluetooth constantly and keeping the phone awake. Didn't show up as a battery-consuming app, however, so was a pain to identify as the culprit.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Honeywell thermostat and yahoo finance are my problem apps but I need them. What I did was disable background data over Cellular and it has helped a lot.

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Weatherbug with Bluetooth turned on wouldn't let my phone doze. Uninstalled and everything is back to normal.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problems with WeatherBug. I have the widget installed on my home screen and keep Bluetooth turned off unless I need it. I have noticed that the WB widget will not update at times but it's just a matter of opening the widget and closing it for it to update.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
GasBuddy, WeatherBug and MyRadar were the offenders on my 6P. I'm able to still use MyRadar by Greenify'ing it, but that didn't work for WeatherBug. I'm using 1Weather now instead. I tried Greenify'ing GasBuddy, but I still had WB and MyRadar messing things up at the time, which I didn't realize. I need to retest that one.

I get 0% drain overnight unplugged now.

I'd love to see some way to tell Doze to ignore phone movement as a wake up call. Only wake up when I put my finger on the scanner.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG G4 and WeatherBug was keeping my bluetooth on constantly. I deleted it and now bluetooth is not even on the battery page anymore. Weird cause my wife has a G4 with WeatherBug installed and no issues for her.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
GasBuddy, WeatherBug and MyRadar were the offenders on my 6P. I'm able to still use MyRadar by Greenify'ing it, but that didn't work for WeatherBug. I'm using 1Weather now instead. I tried Greenify'ing GasBuddy, but I still had WB and MyRadar messing things up at the time, which I didn't realize. I need to retest that one.

I get 0% drain overnight unplugged now.

I'd love to see some way to tell Doze to ignore phone movement as a wake up call. Only wake up when I put my finger on the scanner.

I love 1Weather. I use it as well.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I love 1Weather. I use it as well.

Me too. I've tried a bunch of weather apps and 1Weather seems to have the least battery drain. I also like the ability to create a transparent widget (I hate having party of my Muzei backgrounds covered up!).