User Account Snafu?!?

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 6P for about 2 months now and have always noticed that the "User" icon in the upper right part of my notification shade when I have it pulled down just has circle with a silohuetted figure in it. At first I just figured this was something that Google must've changed for Marshmallow, but I've recently started seeing screen shots from others and have noticed they have what appear to be Google Profile photos showing in this spot (which I had initialy assumed would be the norm). I of course have my Google profile setup with a profile photo, so I'm wondering if I may have done something "wrong" when I was setting up my phone initially. When I go into the accounts from the notication shade, I see my main account (though it's only listed showing my first name) and then an option for Guest or to "Add user"... From the list view of the user accounts, when I click on the option showing my first name, it only pops up a screen to change what's shown there and there doesn't appear to be anything more available through settings on this screen to really allow me to do much. Is this somehow a "different" profile from my true Google/gmail account profile?!?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That user icon is suppose to be filled with your google profile picture but it didn't show the proper profile picture for me either.

So i added it myself from my gallery. I think its a bug. your gmail profile pics wont change if you change the user profile

to add a profile pics go to settings-->users-->[your name]
click on it and on the left click on the profile image to change

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
to add a profile pics go to settings-->users-->[your name]
click on it and on the left click on the profile image to change

Wow, I totally missed this. I had the same problem as the OP but I didn't know it was a problem. I didn't know it was supposed to have a picture. Now there's a little me in the corner! :)

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
But is this a "by design" kind of thing and your Google/Gmail account isn't supposed to be your primary "user" account on the phone?!? I guess that's what has me confused.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It will also populate if you open Google+, go into the Settings, click on your account settings. Go into Contacts and check the 'keep contacts up to date'.

That will sync the picture with your Google account picture (if you set one).

Screenshot_20160114-095311.jpg

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
That certainly did the trick, thanks!!! I wonder why this didn't just "happen" though with setting up the phone using a Google account to begin with though....... :confused:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That certainly did the trick, thanks!!! I wonder why this didn't just "happen" though with setting up the phone using a Google account to begin with though....... :confused:

Well, I guess they could give you the option when you do the 'first boot' thing and add your account to the phone. But they must have their reasons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo