Rakuten "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase"

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
This was my first time using Rakuten, which I used when buying my S24U. When I glanced at my account today, this purchase is now showing 0.00 cash back with the message "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase". Is this showing for anyone else? Is this something that shows until after Samsung's return period maybe? I am pretty disappointed with the service if this is true :(

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
This was my first time using Rakuten, which I used when buying my S24U. When I glanced at my account today, this purchase is now showing 0.00 cash back with the message "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase". Is this showing for anyone else? Is this something that shows until after Samsung's return period maybe? I am pretty disappointed with the service if this is true :(

I’ve seen it before and just hit the help link missing cash back ..you will a generated email then someone will reply ..you might just need to wait a few days or can send them proof of your order ..they will honor it

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Exactly I’ve collected a little cash back from them previously

1bde219f70d0f0b9b3616fe779fa975e.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here....I contacted them and sent proof of purchase

Reactions: fresca2u

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I didn't my husband got his $71 I'm due like $60 and I sent him proof they wanted a screenshot of my order I had to do it a second time and now they're telling me Samsung's not paying me that I either got some other cash back which I didn't I got a First Responders Healthcare discount of 2750 could that be why? Cuz if that's the case I wouldn't have chose that I would have rather gotten my $60 and no 27.50.

I know somebody said they were trying to use both Microsoft and this one but I don't think I used Microsoft it didn't pop up I think I tried to email them after the fact to see if I could get there 10% cuz somebody else said they got both but I heard it's one or the other and I didn't activate the Microsoft One cuz Samsung's was 12%. Rakuten emailed me back and said they're going to follow up with Samsung again cuz I said all I got was a healthcare discount I didn't go through another cash back app. I don't even know where to look for Microsoft to see if I have cash back I don't ever use that one and out of the blue one time I saw I had $26 in there and I don't even know how and that was a long time ago.

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I haven't heard back from them yet, so I'm not sure what's going on with mine. I sent a copy of my invoice to them last Sunday, got an email from them this past Friday that my case is being handled by a different department. Haven't seen anything since then.

This is my first experience with them, and I'm a bit pessimistic that things will work out as I had expected when I made my order.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I have one rule with Rakuten .. full core press I keep hounding until somebody gives me the answer that I want... Tell them how you just joined and you're very disappointed with the way things have been taken care of and that you need someone higher up to get this resolved immediately..keep on it

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Well I didn't my husband got his $71 I'm due like $60 and I sent him proof they wanted a screenshot of my order I had to do it a second time and now they're telling me Samsung's not paying me that I either got some other cash back which I didn't I got a First Responders Healthcare discount of 2750 could that be why? Cuz if that's the case I wouldn't have chose that I would have rather gotten my $60 and no 27.50.

I know somebody said they were trying to use both Microsoft and this one but I don't think I used Microsoft it didn't pop up I think I tried to email them after the fact to see if I could get there 10% cuz somebody else said they got both but I heard it's one or the other and I didn't activate the Microsoft One cuz Samsung's was 12%. Rakuten emailed me back and said they're going to follow up with Samsung again cuz I said all I got was a healthcare discount I didn't go through another cash back app. I don't even know where to look for Microsoft to see if I have cash back I don't ever use that one and out of the blue one time I saw I had $26 in there and I don't even know how and that was a long time ago.
So far Microsoft hasn't credited me the 10% cashback, partly because they are scammy and partly because I think they determined cashback was already paid out on the purchase with Rakuten. I did get the 12% cashback with Rakuten at least.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have used Rakuten several years now when I purchase from Samsung.com.Most years it takes a little time and me bugging Rakuten before I get paid my rebate. I usually have to send proof purchase and wait for Samsung and Rakuten. . This year I got it 2 days after my order on Samsung.com.Hang in there. But keep bugging Rakuten. Be persistent.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So far Microsoft hasn't credited me the 10% cashback, partly because they are scammy and partly because I think they determined cashback was already paid out on the purchase with Rakuten. I did get the 12% cashback with Rakuten at least.
Now they're telling me that Samsung told them I clicked on another site and that I'm getting cash back elsewhere and I don't know anything about it cuz Rakuten was the most 12% I always use them or I have another one Be Frugal but they're never as much and I don't use them often. It just doesn't make sense

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used Rakuten several years now when I purchase from Samsung.com.Most years it takes a little time and me bugging Rakuten before I get paid my rebate. I usually have to send proof purchase and wait for Samsung and Rakuten. . This year I got it 2 days after my order on Samsung.com.Hang in there. But keep bugging Rakuten. Be persistent.
I've already tried three times and Samsung is saying I clicked on another site for cash back which I know nothing about

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I've already tried three times and Samsung is saying I clicked on another site for cash back which I know nothing about
I'm wondering if that might be my problem. I don't think I clicked on anything else for a cash back deal. If I did, it was Microsoft, and only accidentally (I have the browser plug in installed, so maybe I misclicked?) due to all of Samsung's web problems when I ordered.

I checked my Microsoft account and I don't see anything there that indicates I used it for anything.

I'll give them another day or two and see if they get back to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah....if you have the Microsoft cashback installed on your browser it probably triggers a purchase and Samsung doesn't want to pay out twice.

Reactions: pags11

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's essentially what I'm thinking, yes.
I do have it on my Edge browser and it used to popup but it hasn't popped up in a while so that is why I am confused. And Samsung is no help at all their telling Rakuten I clicked on another cash back app right before I finished my transaction but noone can tell me who it was. And Sasmung said let me trasnfer you to promotions ecommerce something and I got the Appliance Dept and then I got hung up on twice it's ridiculous. And they still never credited our card $50 bucks cause my husband never got his RSVP mine showed 150 I got free buds his would onl;y show a 100 and I was told it's a glitch in the website keep trying mine finally said 150 but his never did so he had to pay $50 for the same buds I got free. It's crazy!

Now she said this is promotions can I help you I said yes and it went straight to a recording and it wont shut up please stay on the line or text help to this number. It's so bad I just give up and am tired of trying!

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm confused too, as I can look at my Microsoft Cashback account, and there hasn't been any activity on it for over a year. I don't have any other cash back type apps. Rakuten hasn't actually told me what the problem is with my account and Samsung yet, so maybe I'm just jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I hope you get yours straightened out. I wouldn't be surprised if these issues are related to the problems Samsung's website was having at the beginning of preorders.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000