Rakuten "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase"

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I do have it on my Edge browser and it used to popup but it hasn't popped up in a while so that is why I am confused. And Samsung is no help at all their telling Rakuten I clicked on another cash back app right before I finished my transaction but noone can tell me who it was. And Sasmung said let me trasnfer you to promotions ecommerce something and I got the Appliance Dept and then I got hung up on twice it's ridiculous. And they still never credited our card $50 bucks cause my husband never got his RSVP mine showed 150 I got free buds his would onl;y show a 100 and I was told it's a glitch in the website keep trying mine finally said 150 but his never did so he had to pay $50 for the same buds I got free. It's crazy!

Now she said this is promotions can I help you I said yes and it went straight to a recording and it wont shut up please stay on the line or text help to this number. It's so bad I just give up and am tired of trying!
There's a point where it's probably not worth the struggle, stress & time you have to invest (depending on the dollar amount). I would probably let it go also.
🥹

Reactions: J Dubbs

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There's a point where it's probably not worth the struggle, stress & time you have to invest (depending on the dollar amount). I would probably let it go also.
🥹
I did I spent took much time this morning and got tired of getting hung up on transferred to the wrong depth. Than one time the supervisor said can I help you I said yes and all of a sudden it went to a recording of you need help you can text to so and so number it please stay in the line. I hung up and am done with it. Rakuten said they can offer me $50 I just saw in an email but it's not in my account so I don't know what that is about.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused too, as I can look at my Microsoft Cashback account, and there hasn't been any activity on it for over a year. I don't have any other cash back type apps. Rakuten hasn't actually told me what the problem is with my account and Samsung yet, so maybe I'm just jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I hope you get yours straightened out. I wouldn't be surprised if these issues are related to the problems Samsung's website was having at the beginning of preorders.
Well I gave up I am done dealing with it. I checked Microsoft and and have a Zero balance. A while back I noticed a 27 something balance and didn't know I had used it and cashed it out. It used to auto pop up on my pc I use Edge browser but I haven't seen it lately. I used one called Be Frugal a few times and they never gave me my 16% Macy's cashback and I was in the store to buy and purposely did online for pickup and left and I sent them my receipt and everything it's crazy. But Rakuten told me Samsung kmows nothing about it I wasted my time calling them yesterday. They said it's a totaly different department that only they deal with. But he said the $50 they gave me is a reward and next time I activate Rakuten and buy something I will get $50 off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
🥹
You are correct. I didn't even bother with ratuken this time. My ratuken account still shows I have $75 coming from the S23U. Says my big fat check will come next week, I'm not holding my breath.

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I finally received a reply from Rakuten support from asking them why my Samsung purchase was not being credited.

"Rakuten has yet to receive credit for this Samsung order, but we went ahead and added the Cash Back for this purchase to your account.

Please note that for future Cash Back inquiries, we may need to submit them to the store for review, which can take a little while to resolve."

So I am now showing a credit for $69.30 on my phone purchase. It's not a done deal until it's in my PayPal account, but I'm hopeful now.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They haven't credited me as well, it's always been 50/50 for me and I have no energy to follow up with them. I think from next time I'll just bother to use them.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I finally received a reply from Rakuten support from asking them why my Samsung purchase was not being credited.

"Rakuten has yet to receive credit for this Samsung order, but we went ahead and added the Cash Back for this purchase to your account.

Please note that for future Cash Back inquiries, we may need to submit them to the store for review, which can take a little while to resolve."

So I am now showing a credit for $69.30 on my phone purchase. It's not a done deal until it's in my PayPal account, but I'm hopeful now.
You're good now you will see it in the next check

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After my most recent email, I was finally credited the cash back amount. It's in my account now. Finally. Now I can relax lol. Keep squeaking everyone until you get your money!
Don't relax yet... This is from my S23U last year it was supposed to send out yesterday and as you see it's now may

7b2a6ba0a084e5dced6316509a230782.jpg

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't relax yet... This is from my S23U last year it was supposed to send out yesterday and as you see it's now may

That's very strange. To me it would seem those are 2 different things. Your cash back amount and the threshold on when your big fat check is cut/sent.
Have you asked why your check is delayed 3 months?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's very strange. To me it would seem those are 2 different things. Your cash back amount and the threshold on when your big fat check is cut/sent.
Have you asked why your check is delayed 3 months?
Delayed 3 months?? It's delayed over year. Yes I have and I decided to ask them again just now. I had to go thru the process of emailing them to get the cash back in the first place like so many on here, heck I had to email them to get the referral bonus for referring someone. If you are wondering, the person I referred also had to email several times to get their cash back.

As you pointed out.. You have to be very squeaky with this company. I was just cautioning you don't get to comfy yet, you might have to squeak in middle of May again.

Reactions: jtfwTX

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Are you saying you had a different check date and they changed it? I typically don't have an issue with them. I did the first time I used them several years ago but a simply inquiry email took care of it just like this time. This time I think it was triggered by the Microsoft cash back. Once I have a check date I have never had a problem.

Reactions: jtfwTX

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying you had a different check date and they changed it? I typically don't have an issue with them. I did the first time I used them several years ago but a simply inquiry email took care of it just like this time. This time I think it was triggered by the Microsoft cash back. Once I have a check date I have never had a problem.
It's been extending every quarter. It showed Feb 15 2024 for check to be mailed, now it shows May 15, 2024. I just emailed them this morning.. We'll see what happens

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000