Huawei Customer Support with my Nexus 6p

pauljohnson75

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
To all Android, technology websites, and Google.

I would like to share my experience on the Nexus 6P and Huawei customer service. First off I would like to say I have no complaints with the phone itself the hardware and software is great it is the best Nexus phone I have ever owned and I have owned multiple Nexus phones, as for Huawei customer support it is the most god-awful customer support I have ever had to experience and I am a Computer Technician by trade so I deal with support on a daily basis. Now a little back story. Back in late October I believe it was I preordered a Nexus 6p through Huawei’s website to replace my Motorola Nexus 6. I ordered the 128 Gb Graphite version. Late November comes around and my order is shipped when it arrives I open the box and everything looks good correct label on the packaging all good but when I open the box inside is a 64 Gb Silver Nexus 6p instead of the 128 Gb Graphite model I had ordered. Immediately I call Huawei customer support and the customer service rep. on the phone is very polite and helpful tells me they will get me swapped out for the proper phone I ordered and to just use this one till they send me the new one. The next day I get an email asking me if I want to swap, refund the difference, or return the phone for a complete refund, I reply swap and wait to hear back. Weeks go by and I hear nothing so I call them again and get told this has happened to quite a few people and has been escalated and they will call me back so I think okay I’ll wait some more. Well after a few more weeks of not hearing back I call them again and they tell me they have just decided to have everyone return the phones for a refund, I tell them this is not possible as I have already sold my old phone and cannot do without a phone for any amount of time, I ask for a supervisor to call me. After no call back for a week I call again and am told the same thing and the guy sends me a RMA to return the phone, again I tell him that is not an option and to please have a supervisor call me back. Today is February 1, 2016 and I have called them a total of five times always getting the same reply and each time I have asked for a supervisor to call me back and no one ever has. I called again today and requested they just refund me the difference and was told they cannot do that I need to send the phone back for a full refund again I replied I cannot do that as this is my only phone. I once again asked for a supervisor to call me back but I doubt that will happen.
The reason I shared this story is I want everyone to know how terrible Huawei customer service has been, I feel like I am being punished for their mistake. I urge everyone to think twice before buying any product from Huawei because even though their hardware is excellent you are going to have a terrible time with customer service if something does go wrong. If you must have a Nexus 6p buy directly from Google even though I read, they are outsourcing support back to Huawei so even that may not be the best idea and Google please do not use Huawei again for your Nexus line or anything else for that matter unless they seriously step up their customer support.
A company is only as good as their products and support you can’t have one without the other and Huawei you really need to improve your customer support if you want to be truly competitive in the U.S.
Thank you all for listening,
Paul Johnson
Lifetime Google Nexus user

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I'd send a snail mail letter to the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, advising him of the situation, how badly Huawei customer service has treated you and asking if he can please intervene, or have someone at Google intervene, on your behalf.

You just might get results.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
To all Android, technology websites, and Google.

I would like to share my experience on the Nexus 6P and Huawei customer service. First off I would like to say I have no complaints with the phone itself the hardware and software is great it is the best Nexus phone I have ever owned and I have owned multiple Nexus phones, as for Huawei customer support it is the most god-awful customer support I have ever had to experience and I am a Computer Technician by trade so I deal with support on a daily basis. Now a little back story. Back in late October I believe it was I preordered a Nexus 6p through Huawei’s website to replace my Motorola Nexus 6. I ordered the 128 Gb Graphite version. Late November comes around and my order is shipped when it arrives I open the box and everything looks good correct label on the packaging all good but when I open the box inside is a 64 Gb Silver Nexus 6p instead of the 128 Gb Graphite model I had ordered. Immediately I call Huawei customer support and the customer service rep. on the phone is very polite and helpful tells me they will get me swapped out for the proper phone I ordered and to just use this one till they send me the new one. The next day I get an email asking me if I want to swap, refund the difference, or return the phone for a complete refund, I reply swap and wait to hear back. Weeks go by and I hear nothing so I call them again and get told this has happened to quite a few people and has been escalated and they will call me back so I think okay I’ll wait some more. Well after a few more weeks of not hearing back I call them again and they tell me they have just decided to have everyone return the phones for a refund, I tell them this is not possible as I have already sold my old phone and cannot do without a phone for any amount of time, I ask for a supervisor to call me. After no call back for a week I call again and am told the same thing and the guy sends me a RMA to return the phone, again I tell him that is not an option and to please have a supervisor call me back. Today is February 1, 2016 and I have called them a total of five times always getting the same reply and each time I have asked for a supervisor to call me back and no one ever has. I called again today and requested they just refund me the difference and was told they cannot do that I need to send the phone back for a full refund again I replied I cannot do that as this is my only phone. I once again asked for a supervisor to call me back but I doubt that will happen.
The reason I shared this story is I want everyone to know how terrible Huawei customer service has been, I feel like I am being punished for their mistake. I urge everyone to think twice before buying any product from Huawei because even though their hardware is excellent you are going to have a terrible time with customer service if something does go wrong. If you must have a Nexus 6p buy directly from Google even though I read, they are outsourcing support back to Huawei so even that may not be the best idea and Google please do not use Huawei again for your Nexus line or anything else for that matter unless they seriously step up their customer support.
A company is only as good as their products and support you can’t have one without the other and Huawei you really need to improve your customer support if you want to be truly competitive in the U.S.
Thank you all for listening,
Paul Johnson
Lifetime Google Nexus user

thanks for sharing your experience. Over here in Dubai I called Huawei to get a charger cable for my Nexus 6P and they didn't have one nor had any idea when they would! Never buying anything that has Huawei on it! Bunch of clowns operating this company.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah I've heard nightmare stories about their customer service. I'll never deal with them because of it. if I were you I'd send it back for the refund despite having to be without a phone for a couple weeks. If you're able to do so just return it and order a new one from Google first, this way you won't be without a phone and if you need to deal with customer service in the future you don't have to deal with them. If not you can buy a cheap used flip phone for $30.

Reason I say that is because knowing them and their customer service, if you wait any longer you might not even get an RMA. But yeah, best solution if you can afford it, just grab one from Google and return that to Huawei. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38