Bluetooth headphone battery app

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones (bluebuds x) any suggestions for an app that checks the battery level? Been looking through the play store and nothing really jumps out. Thanks for suggestions.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The headset would have to also have the ability to report such information to the computer through Bluetooth.

I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend that reports such data, and uses an app from Plantronics to interpret that data and display it as remaining talk time. I have a Motorola S11 Flex HD that does NOT have the ability to report that data to the phone, though it does report remaining time when the headset is turned on and connects to the phone.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Some people like this (and similar apps), others not so much https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=de.battery.widget&token=OBXlTv8e

It does not report the remaining life of the headset battery so much as it estimates it based on usage since last charge/reset and known parameters of your particular headset.

I haven't used it and do not intend to. I use my Bluebuds X at the gym, about 75-90 minutes each weekday, and recharge them at some point over the weekend. That schedule works well for me; only once have I been forced to listen to my gym's crappy piped music because my headset went dead. :)

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Some people like this (and similar apps), others not so much https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=de.battery.widget&token=quuOMRHr

It does not report the remaining life of the headset battery so much as it estimates it based on usage since last charge/reset and known parameters of your particular headset.

I haven't used it and do not intend to. I use my Bluebuds X at the gym, about 75-90 minutes each weekday, and recharge them at some point over the weekend. That schedule works well for me; only once have I been forced to listen to my gym's crappy piped music because my headset went dead. :)

Cool. I'm not sure the original bluebuds have the ability to report battery. Someone said the x2's do though. I use my bluebuds for running usually 4-5 days a week for at least an hour. Sometimes they die during a run, I might need to get new ones, I've had these for 18 months or so.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Cool. I'm not sure the original bluebuds have the ability to report battery. Someone said the x2's do though. I use my bluebuds for running usually 4-5 days a week for at least an hour. Sometimes they die during a run, I might need to get new ones, I've had these for 18 months or so.

Keep in mind, that app isn't getting a report from the connected device, it's essentially a stopwatch that tracks usage and estimates remaining battery life based on the advertised run time (that you input). I don't believe there is a standard part of the Bluetooth protocol that allows for reporting battery life/capacity. If I search the Wikipedia article on Bluetooth for the word 'battery', only 2 results pop and neither refers to transmitting battery information between devices.

I don't know how the Plantronics setup works for reporting the battery life, it's likely some proprietary setup, but it can report the status of charge connectivity also so it's reporting actual numbers unlike the app that was linked before. As I noted before, my Motorola headset reports the battery life remaining (in time) verbally when it connects to the source after turning the headset on.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Contact JayBirdGear (Jaybird | Support) and explain that your battery is no longer holding a proper charge. I did that last year and got a brand new set for free from them.