09-30-2018 06:33 AM
202 123 ...
tools
    Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    barry1964 and HALEY STERLING like this.
    04-02-2016 12:25 PM
    Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Check your media volume. If you have reduced it, out silenced it, you won't hear anything.

Tom Yurasits and Byron12345 like this.
    04-02-2016 12:35 PM
    Someone just asked a similar question a few days ago: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...sound-why.html

The only thing I found is that if you have Media Volume turned down or off you will not hear the OK Google response tone. Other than that, I have no idea; the last time I tried it on my 6P it worked normally.
    04-02-2016 12:35 PM
    Is your phone locked with a fingerprint or otherwise when you experience this?

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.
    04-02-2016 12:44 PM
    Is your phone locked with a fingerprint or otherwise when you experience this?

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.
    My phone isn't locked at the time. I have the media volume on and turned up. That was the first thing I checked. It's weird because it works when I activate through Bluetooth. I'm stomped. I did cache clean on the partition and within settings as well rebooted my device. The damn thing was working this morning first thing then it just stopped. Grrr. I'm hearing the factory reset.

04-02-2016 12:52 PM

Have you checked in Google settings _ search and now_ voice. There are two options to look under. Hands free and
    Speech output. One of them looks like the image attached Why do I hear no sound when I call "ok Google?"-uploadfromtaptalk1459620629695.jpg
    04-02-2016 01:10 PM
    Have you checked in Google settings _ search and now_ voice. There are two options to look under. Hands free and
    Speech output. One of them looks like the image attached Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459620629695.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	223127
    I just tried it. It was on, but I turned it off then turned it back on. No change, but that was a great suggestion if it was something that I had missed. There's a corrupted audio file somewhere I'm sure. It's probably about time to get a clean version of MM on my phone anyway.

04-02-2016 01:23 PM
    I just tried it. It was on, but I turned it off then turned it back on. No change, but that was a great suggestion if it was something that I had missed. There's a corrupted audio file somewhere I'm sure. It's probably about time to get a clean version of MM on my phone anyway.

Maybe an uninstall and reinstall of the Google app might sort it out. Might save you reflashing your whole rom.
    04-02-2016 01:26 PM
    I did it before I saw this and I uninstalled Android system web view. I received a new update this morning and was having problems shortly after and I also uninstalled updates for Google. I reset my device and then installed the updates again and voila! The activation sound is working again. I had to redo all of my home screens though..which really sucks! But, at least it's working..RIGHT? Thanks for all of your help guys!

beagle82 likes this.
    04-02-2016 01:50 PM
    I did it before I saw this and I uninstalled Android system web view. I received a new update this morning and was having problems shortly after and I also uninstalled updates for Google. I reset my device and then installed the updates again and voila! The activation sound is working again. I had to redo all of my home screens though..which really sucks! But, at least it's working..RIGHT? Thanks for all of your help guys!

Well, it stopped working again [language]!

04-02-2016 02:01 PM
    Well, it stopped working again [language]!

Let me know if you've found a solution please...this is insane, I've reset my phone and it just happens again.
    04-26-2016 04:19 PM

When I am connected to the BT in the car I get no sound. On previous devices it would come though the car speakers, however on the 6P - silence. Obviously if the media volume is down you'll get nothing also.
    04-26-2016 04:54 PM
    This happens on my 5X. I reboot and it fixes it.
    04-26-2016 08:32 PM

On the S7 Edge, turn off your Blue Tooth. It solved all of my 'sound' problems including hearing only one party when making and receiving calls.
    04-30-2016 09:12 AM
    On the S7 Edge, turn off your Blue Tooth. It solved all of my 'sound' problems including hearing only one party when making and receiving calls.
    Thank you....fought this for days, turned off Bluetooth and I now have a talking Google now.
    05-03-2016 08:58 AM
    Thank you....fought this for days, turned off Bluetooth and I now have a talking Google now.
    Unless there is something very, very, wrong, Bluetooth on or off should not make a difference.

The one case where it WOULD matter is if, for example, you have a paired Bluetooth device (Bluetooth speaker, earbuds, car stereo) within range and powered on. In that case, your phone is playing all sounds through the Bluetooth device and you may not notice if, for example, your earbuds are in your backpack.
    05-05-2016 03:11 PM
    I am having the same problem as the OP.

The weird thing is that it's only the audio feeback when you say "OK Google." I can hear her when she talks, but only get a vibration when it hears me say "OK Google."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Google App, and this problem even persisted after Samsung pushed out the Marshmallow update a couple of nights ago.

Of course my media volume is turned all the way up, and I have repeatedly cleared my app caches to no avail.
    ROE_HUNTER likes this.
    06-04-2016 04:17 PM
    I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.. and it fixes it (temporarily)

Then it asks to update the google app and once I update, its back to square ONE! (no sound)

I just think its a new update and they simply took off sound. When i'm charging my phone and I use the "Ok Google" feature and I need that sound indication to let me know that I am being heard!

Hope its an update issue and not something permanent.

THAT SOUND IS VITAL!
    charles randolph1 likes this.
    09-08-2016 12:42 PM
    I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.. and it fixes it (temporarily)

Then it asks to update the google app and once I update, its back to square ONE! (no sound)
    I don't think uninstalling is necessary. I get the same results as you from just using the clear all data option. I don't know what re-triggers the issue for me. But, it is very annoying.
    09-15-2016 11:46 AM
    I just started having the same issue. If my Bluetooth is connected to my car the tone comes through my stereo. If not, my phone just vibrates. It also started happening on my old Nexus 5 I was playing around with.
    09-15-2016 12:16 PM
    this issue is driving me insane! it worked fine a couple weeks ago...now when i say OK google, the search launches with a vibrate. the phone talks to me and the OK google works fine....it's just the notification beep after launching OK google that's disappeared.

anyone find a definitive solution?
    Dedlos likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:36 PM
    I've just started experiencing this issue as well! It seems like a server-side change because it wasn't until a few days ago it started happening and like others I am able to get it to go away temporarily but then it comes back. If this is an A/B Test, please give me the option to have the sound back. It makes hands free much easier.
    09-19-2016 06:05 PM
    I joined the club with my S6 Edge today. Same tries but it quits doing anything but vibrate when I call out "OK Google"
    09-19-2016 09:37 PM
    I've just started experiencing this issue as well! It seems like a server-side change because it wasn't until a few days ago it started happening and like others I am able to get it to go away temporarily but then it comes back. If this is an A/B Test, please give me the option to have the sound back. It makes hands free much easier.
    I'm right there with you guys. Nexus 6 original and just started happening today. I clear data and it seems to fix it for a few minutes up to an hour but always reverts back to the issue. Glad I found this thread, was about to format the phone out of frustration. At least I'm not the only one. I assume we will need an app update to fix this...
    charles randolph1 likes this.
    09-19-2016 09:46 PM
    I've been dealing with the same thing today if I say "Okay Google" or tap on the microphone button on my widget at my home screen it vibrates and when I get my search results it vibrates again this didn't use to happen until today & it's really annoying.
    09-19-2016 09:49 PM
202 123 ...