Nexus 6p huge security flaws

Qais Arsala

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
My 10 and 12 year old figured out in 5 minutes how to bypass fingerprint security and get into my device. I called Google 855 customer service number and the rep didn't take it seriously and told me that he will put it in his notes.

https://youtu.be/KjIOjTNnK0I

Last edited:

Qais Arsala

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I locked the kids with fingerprint and a 4 digit code and they still bypassed. I'm still waiting for Google to reach out to me. Maybe the kids can be recognized.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Oh my god man. Your 12 year old had his finger on the back the 2nd try and most likely used his registered finger print to unlock the phone before the 2nd try. Why the BS dude?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just tried what they did; it's impossible to unlock. Your son seems to have unlocked it with his finger.

Posted via the Android Central App

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't see both your kids figuring it out. I see your eldest with his finger on the fingerprint scanner.

I would suggest you re run the experiment, but with the phone flat on the table, don't let them touch the back of it, and see if it can be replicated. If not, then I think they've pulled a fast one on you. Your eldest may well have gotten hold of it while it was unlocked and added his fingerprint to to the system. Another thing to try, is to wipe the fingerprint logs, and re train the device to you only. Then let them try it again.

I'd be very surprised if it worked again.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
What setting do you have it at for automatically lock after sleep ? You can easily set it up to 30 minutes and it won't require you to put your password in until that 30 minutes is up.

Posted via the Android Central App

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I still don't believe it...I've done it all on this thread and it if the fingerprint isn't there...it doesn't work

Posted via Pokémon/Note7 Central App

Qais Arsala

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
It's perfectly fine to be skeptical. It's a natural reaction, but I do know there must be some type of flaw or vulnerability. I have absolutely nothing to gain nor any kind of agenda. I bought this phone because of the incredible security it has, but when a 10 year old can get in there and bypass the fingerprint, it concerns me.

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hardly hands free Qais.

Also, in between the first video and the last video, did you re set the fingerprints stored on the device? Another thing to check, is it set with any trusted locations? What about trusted voices?

I'd still suggest that you reset the fingerprints, then try again. When trouble shooting, it's always best to take one step at a time, and change single items at a time. If you have done all that (which I don't see you saying you have changed the settings) and it's still working, perhaps take it back to the retailer you bought it from, and show them. It may be a one off, it may well be a massive issue that you've discovered, but it needs fully tested and investigated before claiming it as a massive security flaw.

Change the trusted fingerprints and try it again, curious to see how that goes.

Good luck.

Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod