Android 7.0 Nougut OTA Update

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Seeing these replies prompted me to go into "Phone info" > System Updates. I checked for updates, and there was the Android 7.0 update. Great, right? Sure. So I downloaded, and it verified, then I told it to proceed with the update. It started counting down (from 10, I guess). It got to about 7 seconds, then the screen instantly switched to "Your system is up to date", and nothing further happened.

Good stuff. I love it.

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Seeing these replies prompted me to go into "Phone info" > System Updates. I checked for updates, and there was the Android 7.0 update. Great, right? Sure. So I downloaded, and it verified, then I told it to proceed with the update. It started counting down (from 10, I guess). It got to about 7 seconds, then the screen instantly switched to "Your system is up to date", and nothing further happened.

Good stuff. I love it.

This literally just happened to me...

EDIT: So I went back to the update screen a few times and kept checking - it downloaded the big 7.0 update again verified, I went to restart and install and it kicked back to the system is up to date screen. Again...

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This literally just happened to me...

EDIT: So I went back to the update screen a few times and kept checking - it downloaded the big 7.0 update again verified, I went to restart and install and it kicked back to the system is up to date screen. Again...
I bet a flag named "has_installed_nougat_update" in a Google database just got flipped from 0 to 1 for us, so those 3 screens were as close to Android 7.0 as we'll get without a manual upgrade. I'm being somewhat facetious, but it would not surprise me in the least if that were the case.

Someone at Google is messing with us. :)

Last edited:

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Just checked mine and I have the Nougat update ready to download now.

Granted, I'm about to leave work, so I'm going to wait until I get home to start it.

...VZW 6P purchased from Best Buy on eBay.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Just checked mine and I have the Nougat update ready to download now.

Granted, I'm about to leave work, so I'm going to wait until I get home to start it.

...VZW 6P purchased from Best Buy on eBay.

Installed it on the way home and it went through... definitely on Nougat now. So far so good. I have to re-read what the new features are (outside of split screen), since it's been so long since it was announced.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm the last person in my household to get 7.0 on their Nexus, and of course mine is the only one with problems.

It gets stuck during the four dot animation, then reverts back to the pin login. 10+ times in a row now. Pls help! (Hopefully it's not an automatic factory reset for a fix) Any help is appreciated though. Thank you!

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the dam finally broke. Got the small update this afternoon and the full 7.0 notification this evening. DLing now.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm the last person in my household to get 7.0 on their Nexus, and of course mine is the only one with problems.

It gets stuck during the four dot animation, then reverts back to the pin login. 10+ times in a row now. Pls help! (Hopefully it's not an automatic factory reset for a fix) Any help is appreciated though. Thank you!
UPDATE: I did factory reset it from recovery. All is well on 7.0 finally.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If you got a 16GB download, do NOT install whatever it is. It's definitely NOT from Google. 16GB is ginormous (for a phone). I'm hoping you meant 16MB or even 16KB.

Maybe he meant 1.6 GBs? That would be more like it.

Sorry, typo: meant 16 MB (so used to talking in GBs I mis-typed it).

And I woke this morning to find that I had the N update finally available. Unfortunately, after reading about the battery and BlueTooth issues, I want to do the Factory Reset routine to make sure I get the cleanest install possible, but I'm out of the country for a week starting tomorrow, so don't have time to deal with all that entails (and can't lose my airline apps). Looks like this will have to wait until I get back. But, I've waited this long ....

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6P just got Nougat last night, like a lot of yours. I had gotten the September security update/Nougat preparation last week sometime. I'm using my phone on Verizon. I bought mine used, so I have no idea where it was bought new.

Flytetymex

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
After getting the incremental update early yesterday, on the way home I got the notification for the Nougat update and downloaded it on the way home.Worked great and I am on build nrd90u. I'll wait until a few days to see what the battery life is but as of right now it seems just a tad worse. The Android System is taking up the top spot when before it would be nowhere near the top. Bone stock over here also. We shall see.