Help: Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL what should I buy!

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
I've sold my Note 7 and I am looking to buy a new one the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.

considering the battery life!
another question I know the Nexus 6P come with 3GB of RAM while the Pixel XL come with 4GB.
Is there a big difference?
thanks,

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey!
I've sold my Note 7 and I am looking to buy a new one the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.

considering the battery life!
another question I know the Nexus 6P come with 3GB of RAM while the Pixel XL come with 4GB.
thanks,

Stock Android runs very smooth, so the difference won't be that noticeable.

It all depends on what you need. If you like smaller screened phones, then the pixel will be the way to go. If however you are used to the size of the Note screen size, then stepping down might be an issue. Also there is no waterproofing, no sd card, no wireless charging on the pixel. So if you used those things, you'll have to adapt.

The 6P isn't bad even 1 year later. I was going to buy a pixel, until they announced that the screen is smaller, and no stereo speakers, for me that was a deal breaker. Both are good phones that easily stand on their own next to pretty much anything out there, just depends on your needs.

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Stock Android runs very smooth, so the difference won't be that noticeable.

It all depends on what you need. If you like smaller screened phones, then the pixel will be the way to go. If however you are used to the size of the Note screen size, then stepping down might be an issue. Also there is no waterproofing, no sd card, no wireless charging on the pixel. So if you used those things, you'll have to adapt.

The 6P isn't bad even 1 year later. I was going to buy a pixel, until they announced that the screen is smaller, and no stereo speakers, for me that was a deal breaker. Both are good phones that easily stand on their own next to pretty much anything out there, just depends on your needs.

thanks Maverick,
How about the 6P battery life run?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks Maverick,
How about the 6P battery life run?

Lately it's been good. I usually get 3.5-4 hrs of SoT. Depends on your signal a lot as well. If you have good signal, it will drain less. I had a terrible Bluetooth issue earlier, but I found the rouge app, and got rid of it. Everything now seems to have normalized.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This. See attached screenshot from another post of why I'm sticking to my 6P and why I would recommend 6P over Pixel. Busy finishing up some homework and lazy so I attached screenshot. :)

On another note- I don't see the option to add a signature- I had it before but I unisntalled the app and now I don't see the option. I'm actually typing this on my computer. I checked my profile/settings here on the PC but I don't see the option. Am I just not seeing it?

Screenshot_20161011-214259.jpg

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can upgrade it to 7.1 when the Developer Preview is released (later this month, if you sign up for the Beta) or whenever it gets finalized.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know the Nexus 6P come with 3GB of RAM while the Pixel XL come with 4GB.
There is exactly 1GB of difference.

But seriously...
It means that
- you can have more apps in memory at one time
- it'll accommodate bigger apps (think graphic intensive games)
- it'll be able to buffer more pictures before writing them to storage (ex. burst photos; same for video)

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
There is exactly 1GB of difference.

But seriously...
It means that
- you can have more apps in memory at one time
- it'll accommodate bigger apps (think graphic intensive games)
- it'll be able to buffer more pictures before writing them to storage (ex. burst photos; same for video)

thanks.