random reboots after Oreo update

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll start by saying my original 6p was replaced because it got stuck in the bootloop like so many others who got the 6p. I had it replaced a few months ago with a refurbished unit through Google and ever since I updated to Oreo, I am getting random reboots again while using the phone.

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. If not, I'll assume it's not software related and I have yet another defective 6p which will definitely be disappointing

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine is brand new although it's been sitting new in the box at an individuals house unopened for over two years bc it's just now out of warranty. I've not had any issues yet with battery or my phone shutting down. I hate to hear that for you. Maybe since you got a refurbished model from Google it's still under their warranty. Have you called them to check on that. I believe they warranty their refurbs so it's worth a shot and see. You might end up with a pixel out of it after all.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ever since I updated to Oreo, I am getting random reboots again while using the phone
Did you wipe the system cache and perform a Factory Reset after the update? If not that would be the place to start. I haven't had any issue like that since the update; the only problem I've had was with battery life, and once I uninstalled Action Launcher (which was first on the list in the Battery screen) it went back to normal.

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine is brand new although it's been sitting new in the box at an individuals house unopened for over two years bc it's just now out of warranty. I've not had any issues yet with battery or my phone shutting down. I hate to hear that for you. Maybe since you got a refurbished model from Google it's still under their warranty. Have you called them to check on that. I believe they warranty their refurbs so it's worth a shot and see. You might end up with a pixel out of it after all.

I never thought to see if they'd have a warranty on a refurb... I'll check. Thanks

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you wipe the system cache and perform a Factory Reset after the update? If not that would be the place to start. I haven't had any issue like that since the update; the only problem I've had was with battery life, and once I uninstalled Action Launcher (which was first on the list in the Battery screen) it went back to normal.

Yes I did this since everyone always recommends it but it doesn't seem to have helped

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I never thought to see if they'd have a warranty on a refurb... I'll check. Thanks
I am pretty sure they do and you'll be taken care of. They are open 24/7. Go to your settings hit support and request a call back and they immediately call you. I think you will be fine.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did this since everyone always recommends it but it doesn't seem to have helped
Did you immediately reinstall all of your applications? If so you might try running in Safe mode for awhile - if the problems still occur then you likely have some kind of hardware problem.

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you immediately reinstall all of your applications? If so you might try running in Safe mode for awhile - if the problems still occur then you likely have some kind of hardware problem.

I'll try it, but yeah that's what I'm worried about. Software can be fixed, hardware not so much. And I know Google has stopped replacing 6p's so I'm worried I'll end up being stuck with it

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'll try it, but yeah that's what I'm worried about. Software can be fixed, hardware not so much. And I know Google has stopped replacing 6p's so I'm worried I'll end up being stuck with it
Not if they put a warranty on your refurbished model which I believe they did so. If that's the case you'll get a pixel I bet. How long has it been again under a year? If so you'll be in good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa