Bluetooth and pictures

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi there.
I seem to have problems with my Bluetooth, it good to connect to my car, but it sounds like robots taking to me when people talk to me sometimes....anyone tried this and have a solution??
How do I get pictures on my phone or sd card form my pic ??

My phone is Nokia 6

Rix

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Oreo forum to the Nokia 6 forum.

How's your cell reception when driving? If the reception is poor on some stretches of road, it might cause problems with the sound quality.

To copy photos from your PC to your phone, connect via USB, then swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon, and select MTP (it might also be called File Transfer). Then open Windows Explorer on the PC and drag/drop the photo files from the computer to the phone (preferably to the Pictures directory).

Last edited:

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I drove about 50 kilometres and it was the same... I called 3 different people and they all told hp me how bad it was and it was for me too.

Okay, so I just need to "activate" the USB on my phone in the top panel ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But call quality is otherwise ok if you're not on Bluetooth? Is it bad if you use a Bluetooth headset as well? If not, then it's probably an issue with the car's Bluetooth system.

Different phones can have slightly different ways of turning on MTP. But the default USB connection mode on most phones is Charge Only, so you typically have to change it manually to MTP -- and the easiest way is to tap the USB notification in the notification panel (assuming you see it there).

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Yes , when I switch off the Bluetooth the phone is normal and good...also with a wire... so do you assume it's the car ?
And thanks for your welcome by the way ??????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The key thing to do is test it out with another Bluetooth device for calls. If the sound quality is fine there, then it's the car.

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
The key thing to do is test it out with another Bluetooth device for calls. If the sound quality is fine there, then it's the car.

Thanks, i will try with another device.

Regarding transferring pictures onto the phone I can't seem to figure it out....
Can you try to walk me through it...again..maybe with more details...I'm blond you see. 😂

Regards

Rix

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Look at my post #2 in this thread -- do those steps give you the option to change the USB connection mode?

Oookaaayyy...:) i did as you told me, and...it worked !!! 😁🙌🏻
And i went to the workshop today, and we agreed that I should try another 📱 And it works with other phones, so.....

Is there any way to fix my Bluetooth?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you figured out the MTP issue! But I'm not sure what else to do about the Bluetooth connection. If it seems isolated to that one phone, then it's a problem with either the hardware or firmware. If it's firmware, you'd have to try reinstalling the firmware, but I'm not sure how difficult that is on Nokia phones. If it's hardware, your best bet would be if it's still under warranty -- then send it in to Nokia.

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Glad you figured out the MTP issue! But I'm not sure what else to do about the Bluetooth connection. If it seems isolated to that one phone, then it's a problem with either the hardware or firmware. If it's firmware, you'd have to try reinstalling the firmware, but I'm not sure how difficult that is on Nokia phones. If it's hardware, your best bet would be if it's still under warranty -- then send it in to Nokia.

Thanks !
It's still under warranty, not even 1 month old, so I'll try to talk to Nokia about it.
Thanks again !!!

Rix 🙌🏻👍🏻🇩🇰