Scheduled Do-Not-Disturb/Downtime

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
You can change individual app notification settings to normal or priority. See if you have the email app you're using set to normal or priority.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks. I just checked my settings and my Gmail is set to normal. Not sure why it came through. I'll try it again tonight.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I just checked my settings and my Gmail is set to normal. Not sure why it came through. I'll try it again tonight.

Unless, since they removed the do not disturb settings, those settings don't correspond to the notification switch. Kind of like a dead setting now?

Edit: never mind...just tested it. I just shot a few emails to myself. When I have it set to normal, they didn't ding in priority. When set to priority, they did.

Also tried it with SMS, worked as advertised. Maybe test it like that to make sure.

Last edited:

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I just tried this, tested it, and it didn't seem to work properly even though the notification icon said it was active.

I have a feeling that OnePlus locked down the ability for third-party apps to modify system do not disturb settings.

I tried a few other similar apps that didn't seem to work either. Bummer.
Use it on my op3 with no problem only thing u have to make sure is to remove it from doze.

davebuk

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've got Do not disturb app to work, follow the instructions in the apps help section. I like having a vibrate only mode at work. I've set tasker to use 'audio/silent mode/vibrate' based on a calendar entry for when I'm at work. I leave the alert slider set to normal. DND app then sets silent on schedule or calendar key words like 'meeting'.

I couldn't get tasker to set DND properly and have it turn off vibrate at the same time.

davebuk

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
DND app doesn't work now properly after 3.2.1 update. I've tried tasker and DND to automate control. The phone will go into priority mode without issues but doesn't come back out of it. The only current way to do it is when DND is cancelled, cycle the alert slider to another position then back to normal (bottom) position. This returns the full audio controls until the next DND session is used.

davebuk

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Everything seems fixed in OS 3.2.2. I can set the alert slider to any position and then run a tasker task to set vibrate only, all audio or silent mode. The slider can be used to override the tasker setting but tasker can be run again to re establish the desired sound profile.