Oreo 8.0.0 build ONE PLUS A3000_16_171116

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Enjoying Oreo on my 1+3, I downloaded from Germany VPN setting today. It has the September security patch. I have been using 8.0 for a few months on my Pixel C and this is a nice update while I have been waiting the 2 months for my 2XL to ship from Google in early December.

I noticed that the"1" on the clock on the lock screen is Red now, cool touch. The picture in picture works great with the YouTube app. I use Nova, so I can't comment on the 1+ launcher updates.

The support for this phone has been fantastic!

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you hard reset after the OTA update or just upgrade and go? I prefer to do a hard reset after a major upgrade but really don't want to spend the time needed to reinstall and tweak everything on my stock OP3.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you hard reset after the OTA update or just upgrade and go? I prefer to do a hard reset after a major upgrade but really don't want to spend the time needed to reinstall and tweak everything on my stock OP3.

I didn't even factory reset when I switched to the beta channel, you'll be fine.

Probably, lol.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I will have to find another Google camera to use in place of v1.4 that I currently use. I think I have a link for that though.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Under Settings-Advanced-Bluetooth Codec is there an option for the new LDAC codec that is supposedly a part of Oreo?

I think you're getting your wires crossed, you can't use a DAC with Bluetooth.

Either way, you can't change the Bluetooth codec in the latest beta, so I doubt you can in stable.

maxmin

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I also VPN'ed to Canada and got the update last night. The update failed once but when I did it again it updated fine. So far so good. Some changes here and there. I tried the split screen which works with some apps. Kinda cool. I do have a question.

The Wake Screen when you pick up the phone is slightly different. It shows more notifications and battery level which is good. But the clock has the hours digits bolder than the minutes digits. That's fine I guess. But the hours digits change to red when displaying 10, 11 or 12. At first I thought it was AM or PM but so far only looks like the 2 digit hours. Anybody have any idea what this might signify???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984