I think that OnePlus bribed all the blogs for positive reviews of a bad phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
OP5 is just a [language removed by mod] up phone!

Let's sum up the selling points of this [language removed] up OverPrice5:
-Camera has no ois at all, your hand better to be perfectly no shake!
-2007 tech 1080 mon in year 2017
-835 cpu and 6gm ram, mi6 provide the same but op5 is around 156% price of mi6
-crazy high price, this is unreally crazy, especially the price in europe, may be this phone is for the lords in europe
-budget phone small sensor r9s, a budget phone that is 8 months ago. Just call op5 a flagship ok?
-thin bezel, waterproof, any advanced tech ....no no no...don't have anything like these! But even a much cheaper Mi6 has waterproof function!
-3.5" jack is included, wow this is the only real selling point lol xd
-smaller size battery than 3t. OP needs to increase profit ok? They dont care how long can you keep your phone on
-iPhone looking copycat. People using iPhone look down on china brand iPhone looking stuff users. The funny thing is this op5 is so expensive that why not just buy a real iPhone 6s
-OP is a sub company of OPPO but always pretending to be small company and no resource for high tech stuff in a phone. OPPO is one of the best selling top 3 phone companies now
-Giving out cheating fake benchmark. Such a dirty company!

Conclusion: OP5 is the biggest disappointment in phone history! Basically there is no improvement at all from 3T but charge you much more $$$! You need to protect your wallet from this Chinese Cheater!

source: http://lolscript.com/2017/06/22/the-best-and-honest-oneplus-5-op5-review/

Last edited:

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The main camera of OP5 doesn't have OIS, so you better have perfect non-shaking hand!

So we know OP5 main selling point is the camera, but actually it is the worst part! I have no idea how can OP cut cost to this level. So it doesn't have the most common sense function: OIS. If your hand just shake little bit, the photo would be totally screw up! Everyone talks about this in the official forum and I am surprised no one makes a thread about this over here yet. So if you want to buy the phone, make sure you can accept this. Yeah the sensor is small, just a budget OPPO r9s phone sensor, but not having OIS is much worse than small sensor.

If OP wants to earn our money, at least make something ok, not something totally crap.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I saw this review in official OP5 forum

It's very simple, if you do not like the phone or the way it is built/priced, you have got plenty of other options that will satisfy your needs. You are welcome to try those.

Is this coming out after you using the phone?

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: The OnePlus 5 Review Thread

Agree completely; good info typically comes from expert reviewers with no skin in the game - and using a variety of them tends to eliminate the impact of each's inherent biases.

Basically everyone youtube/website like AA got paid to promote something, welcome to find one that don't.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Agree completely; good info typically comes from expert reviewers with no skin in the game - and using a variety of them tends to eliminate the impact of each's inherent biases.

Basically everyone youtube/website like AA got paid to promote something, welcome to find one that don't.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

We're talking about reviews, not promoted content. When a blog posts supported content they 1) disclose that and 2) typically explain how that support is causing the article or video to exist, yet is not coloring their commentary about the product.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

We're talking about reviews, not promoted content. When a blog posts supported content they 1) disclose that and 2) typically explain how that support is causing the article or video to exist, yet is not coloring their commentary about the product.

So what is this?
https://www.cultofmac.com/251141/sa...dents-to-write-bad-reviews-about-htc-devices/

Samsung has been fined $340,000 by Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission for an Internet campaign against HTC that violated fair trade rules. The South Korean company paid students to praise its own smartphones in online reviews while slamming those of rival HTC.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

So what is this?
https://www.cultofmac.com/251141/sa...dents-to-write-bad-reviews-about-htc-devices/

Samsung has been fined $340,000 by Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission for an Internet campaign against HTC that violated fair trade rules. The South Korean company paid students to praise its own smartphones in online reviews while slamming those of rival HTC.
That's years old and it's not professional reviewers so it's nothing to do with what either person was talking about.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

So you are telling me that OP didn't give anything to MKBHD? LOL XD

Do you honestly think MKBHD needs money from OP? He has over 4.5m subscribers. He's making a fortune off YouTube alone. His review of the OP5 was also not overly positive. It was critical of a fair amount.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I haven't see anyone suggest they did; do you have information about that?
Op gave tons of op3t to him to give away. He made good amount of money from that youtube video. That is not giving him stuff to earn money? Even for someone has zero youtube reputation and you give tons of phones to him give away for free, that person would make good money out of it.

Give phone to "choicen youtube review" ahead of launch and then the reviewer publich review at the second of op5 event is another way to make big money. Some early access review have over 1 million views over first few days. I dont see any reviewers had bad 3t comment has early access.

His op5 review is very tricky just like how op managers talk. He accepts and talks some most common easy to tell bad factors, but he always uses indirect ways to say"yeah there is a problem, but because of b c d e it is not a problem." Look at how he talked about op5 benchmark cheat, his conclusion is who cares benchmark nowadays. This is not indirectly protected? It is just same as op management said not overclocking is not cheating.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Of course popular youtubers

I feel like we're talking about several different things.

Review units: It is very common for OEMs to provide review units to credible tech blogs and trusted reviewers so that the phone can be reviewed. This can happen before and after a device's release. In that exchange, there is no expectation of false praise or any other sort of bias based on the device being received as a review unit. It's not uncommon for review units to be returned to the OEM or given out as a contest, etc.

Running contests: It's also very common for OEM's to provide devices to the same organizations in order to run contests. That's a win-win scenario, as the OEM gets in the news and the organization gets visits, members, subscribers, etc. That also does not come along with any strings attached, such as positive reviews.

So to be clear on what I'm asking you for - because you seem to be implying that sites like AC, AP, AA, CNET, TheVerge, etc, etc or reviewers like MKBHD, etc. are providing false information to consumers in exchange for compensation - is exactly who is being corrupted and in what form does this corruption take.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I feel like we're talking about several different things.

Review units: It is very common for OEMs to provide review units to credible tech blogs and trusted reviewers so that the phone can be reviewed. This can happen before and after a device's release. In that exchange, there is no expectation of false praise or any other sort of bias based on the device being received as a review unit. It's not uncommon for review units to be returned to the OEM or given out as a contest, etc.

Running contests: It's also very common for OEM's to provide devices to the same organizations in order to run contests. That's a win-win scenario, as the OEM gets in the news and the organization gets visits, members, subscribers, etc. That also does not come along with any strings attached, such as positive reviews.

So to be clear on what I'm asking you for - because you seem to be implying that sites like AC, AP, AA, CNET, TheVerge, etc, etc or reviewers like MKBHD, etc. are providing false information to consumers in exchange for compensation - is exactly who is being corrupted and in what form does this corruption take.

How do you prove that none of the people you talked about not had corruption?

For giant phone company did this:
https://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5023658/samsung-fined-340000-for-posting-negative-htc-reviews
and this
I don't see why you would believe they wouldn't buy big review website, youtuber, magazine...etc.
It is actually very easy to tell if a youtuber has been bought. Anyone can watch it and easily tell the different.
I am not a spy, I cannot just check how their under table deal is made. But don't tell me they give like tons of phones to MKBHD and MKBHD makes good money out of the video and you don't call it a deal.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How do you prove that none of the people you talked about not had corruption?

For giant phone company did this:
https://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5023658/samsung-fined-340000-for-posting-negative-htc-reviews
and this
I don't see why you would believe they wouldn't buy big review website, youtuber, magazine...etc.
It is actually very easy to tell if a youtuber has been bought. Anyone can watch it and easily tell the different.
I am not a spy, I cannot just check how their under table deal is made. But don't tell me they give like tons of phones to MKBHD and MKBHD makes good money out of the video and you don't call it a deal.
Are you saying that all of the real reviewers that @Aquila listed are all corrupt? No integrity? Have been paid off for "good" reviews?

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Are you saying that all of the real reviewers that @Aquila listed are all corrupt? No integrity? Have been paid off for "good" reviews?

I am not spy or CIA I don't investigate. But I can tell you that about those youtubers and online review websites, they all need to eat and most of them like money. When I read their reviews I don't see any integrity at all. Almost all of them are just salesman it is very easy to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty