Incoming T-Mobile update

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
You can launch it, but you might not be able to update it. Go into your play store settings and look at the bottom of this screen, does it say certified or no ?
Yea, shows same. But what I don't know is what it showed previously, so don't know if changed or not or if any issue. All my apps updated last night, so so far so good. But Netflix wasn't one of those. Guess time will tell and confident that if it is an issue Tmo will correct. Thanks for the heads up though.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Well I tired to contact T-Mobile through the chat option in the T-Mobile app and it wouldn't connect at all just said still trying to connect not sure if that has anything to do with the certification issue. But I called them and was sent to support. Upon which I was told by the first representative that it was a OnePlus issue as they supplied the update. He didn't seem to agree when I told him that the global OnePlus 6t is on a different update and many version ahead of ours and that while OnePlus supplies the updates T-Mobile certifies them for our devices so it is something that T-Mobile should have caught. He did tell me that there is a work around to factory reset my phone. When I said that was ridiculous to have to start fresh due to a bad update, he escalated to a supervisor. Who then told me that there seems to have been reports of an issue and he is escalating it to the engineering team and is going to try to get back to me within an hour or two with a response as to what the solution is going to be.

deacon33

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Fix from the OnePlus forum;

Hold down on the Play Store icon for 2 seconds.
Click App info.
Click Storage.
Click clear Storage.

Worked for me.

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm this worked for me. Also fixes the Google Pay problem after using the same process for Google Play store.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Fix from the OnePlus forum;

Hold down on the Play Store icon for 2 seconds.
Click App info.
Click Storage.
Click clear Storage.

Worked for me.
He's not lying...

7bf2456bad6f286d680c7222d5372e4e.jpg

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, the certification no longer shows in my play store settings. I've scrolled all the way to the bottom My Play Settings looked like everyone else's earlier.

Also noticed looks like new build. I didn't do the clear storage.

So perhaps it's not clearing the storage that's resolved the problem but Google made a change?
29cc8ef42f66d7ab74a3b23d4fa8be86.jpg

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, the certification no longer shows in my play store settings. I've scrolled all the way to the bottom My Play Settings looked like everyone else's earlier.

Also noticed looks like new build. I didn't do the clear storage.

So perhaps it's not clearing the storage that's resolved the problem but Google made a change? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/29cc8ef42f66d7ab74a3b23d4fa8be86.jpg

Google/TMobile fixed it on their end. Clearing the cache just allows the fix to show up.. https://www.tmonews.com/2019/01/t-mobile-oneplus-6t-update-breaking-play-protect-certification/

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to delete it and it won't smh
Take the screenshot first, then open the image in the Snapseed app, and use tools and healing to remove anything unwanted.

If you run your finger across anything unwanted, that will be removed. Then save the edited image and upload that edited image to the forums.
Thank u so much, greatly appreciated
You're welcome.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Got my forced update an hour ago. All seems well. Had. After apps update and everything seems fine. Hope it stays that way.

TDUBS219

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my update. Can someone confirm or deny if this update is equivalent to the new OOS version that released with the fixes or is it just the international capability fix like their doc shows?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I got my update. Can someone confirm or deny if this update is equivalent to the new OOS version that released with the fixes or is it just the international capability fix like their doc shows?

This is exactly the same firmware as the previous release back in early December 2018 and roughly equates to the global OxygenOS 9.0.5 release of the 6th November 2018, see, here. Even down to the same old November Android Security patch and the same camera version v2.9.43. The only change is, as T-Mobile (USA) state... "Enables support for additional domestic roaming partners"

Last edited:

TDUBS219

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
[/URL]

This is exactly the same firmware as the previous release back in early December 2018 and roughly equates to the global OxygenOS 9.0.5 release, see, here. Even down to the same old November Android Security patch and the same camera version v2.9.43. The only change is, as T-Mobile (USA) state... "Enables support for additional domestic roaming partners"

Thank God I only have until Friday to wait before I can unlock my phone. It's owned out right but their policy has the 40 days on the network restriction.