Is it really that big and heavy? (here comes the jokes but seriously though)

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I wanna get the phone but I'm hesitant cause I've heard some of the reviewers saying it's big and heavy. Is it that heavy?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanna get the phone but I'm hesitant cause I've heard some of the reviewers saying it's big and heavy. Is it that heavy?

I came from a one plus 6T, and before that a 2016 Moto z play. And for me neither the size nor the weight are a problem. My hands are average I guess, maybe slightly above average as I'm 6'2. But I can't grip a basketball or anything.

Honestly I thought the comments about the size/weight issues were overblown. But it really is a subjective matter to begin with. I'd recommend going into a T-Mobile store and giving one a proper once-over so you can judge for yourself.

Last edited:

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I came from a one plus 6T, and before that a 2016 Moto z play. And for me neither the size nor the weight are a problem. My hands are average I guess, maybe slightly above average as I'm 6'2. But I can't grip a basketball or anything.

Honestly I thought the comments about the size/weight issues were overblown. But it really is a subjective matter to begin with. I'd recommend going into a T-Mobile store and giving one a proper once-over so you can judge for yourself.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I think I'll go visit a T-Mobile store but at the same time I like not trying a phone then get the surprise effect when I first get it so we'll see. Thanks for the info!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you're used to. Weight and size wise its very similar to the XS max. Its thicker, taller, and heavier than the S10+. You get used to it, but its definitely on the big/heavy side.

s0070cm

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
I definitely noticed the extra weight as soon as I took it out of the box, but after a couple days of use, it feels just like any other phone I've had. I also have the S10+ and iPhone XS Max.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
it is definitely big and heavy.

I LOVE the size of the phone, and it is about the same weight as my Note9. however, the weight is jarring when I switch from my Pixel 3a XL to the OnePlus 7 Pro.

that being said, once you use it for a little bit you don't notice the weight anymore.

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
The overall size is not much bigger than the OP5 I came from, but the screen is much bigger.

I have small hands and I have no issues with the size. You will have issues one handing it. But it's worth it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely subjective. My last two phones were the 6T and the HTC U11, so to me the weight increase is barely noticeable. I would echo others who recommend going in and holding the phone first, though, weight is one of many things that it's hard to judge via anyone but yourself.

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Even 1/3 of an inch is a big difference, especially when you add in the extra weight and width. It is definitely 'much bigger' than the 5.

Again, holding them both in my hands and it really isn't a big difference. A "Big" Difference to me would be if you were coming from an iPhone 7 or possibly a Galaxy s10e or the standard Pixel.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the OnePlus 6t I feel as if the 7 pro is simply too large for me. The 6t is just about my limit. I like the weight though

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
So I noticed when I moved from Sprint to T-Mobile a couple of years ago, but do all T-Mobile's have their phone displays where you can't even pick up the phone? I mean they're on a rotating stand, but you can't lift them up to even get an in hand feel. At Sprint they were tethered so you could at least pick them up. Noticed at the 3 locations in my normal driving area. Is my region of North Texas just overly cautious? LOL!