CM 12 and Oxygen OS

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess both of these are supposed to be available by the end of the month. Does that mean you'll have a choice to install either one? Does it mean new one plus ones will ship with Oxygen and current ones get updated to CM 12?

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I guess both of these are supposed to be available by the end of the month. Does that mean you'll have a choice to install either one? Does it mean new one plus ones will ship with Oxygen and current ones get updated to CM 12?

Yes. Current owners get 12 OTA or you can flash oxygen.

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of things I like about CM, so I may not jump to Oxygen right away. For example, there are the swipe shortcuts from the bottom of the screen. I use those all the time; I don't know if they'll be there on Oxygen but I doubt it.

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I understand now. If you want CM 12 it will be over the air. If you want Oxygen you need to flash.

Posted via Android Central App

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I understand now. If you want CM 12 it will be over the air. If you want Oxygen you need to flash.

CM12 will be OTA, but it's unclear how Oxygen is to be delivered. It's possible there will be an installer of some sort. Nobody knows yet.

Those of us, like myself, who have modified a system file won't be able to get the OTA anyway. We'll have to flash CM12s too.