OnePlus One on CM; Cellular data dies during the day, must reboot

MarkColo

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a beat up OnePlusOne on Ting. At work I am on WiFi. Most days when I leave work the phone fails to get mobile data while I am driving home. I've tried turning airplane mode on and off. I've tried turning cellular data on and off. I've noticed that after driving out of WiFi range that the cellular icon is not indicating 3G or LTE. The only fix I have found is to reboot the phone. This is a once or twice a day problem. Super annoying to be offline when my family might be trying to message me on hangouts or other data-based system. Can't get MMS messages too. I do have a VPN based data management app, NetGuard to keep games and whatnot from eating up cellular data. Disabling that or toggling it has no effect. Most days there are 1-4 hours where I think I'm in contact with my family but I'm not. It almost seems like it happens about once each 24 hours... like a memory leak that is killing a system service.

OPO is running Android 6.0.1, cyanogen 13.1.2. It is not rooted but I do have the skills to do that. A factory reset is undesirable but not out of the question.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Could this be your phone's way of telling you it's time to upgrade to a shiny new One Plus 5? That being said then your though of a factory reset WOULD be what I would try. YES its a pain in the keyster, BUT it might just fix the issue AND most of your apps and such should be backed up by google.

WillTL

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I've recently hit this exact same problem, also not rooted and running on Cyanogen. Had to boot the phone twice during yesterday to get my data back. I have bought a OP5 recently but won't be using it for a few days.

WillTL

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I've recently hit this exact same problem, also not rooted and running on Cyanogen. Had to boot the phone twice during yesterday to get my data back. I have bought a OP5 recently but won't be using it for a few days.
Also, I did a factory reset about a month or so ago (wanted to see if battery life would improve) so I'm not confident this will fix the issue, at least not long term.

ANRUDev

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my OPO which is with the same OS. I have a friend who had the same problem and actually a factory reset solved the issue for him but I'm still postponing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer