ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor5150

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

damn.. wifi isnt working on my end ethier :( flashed with AOSP's kernal.. it wont obtain an IP address from my router.. :(

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

damn.. wifi isnt working on my end ethier :( flashed with AOSP's kernal.. it wont obtain an IP address from my router.. :(

What is the security setup? WEP? WPA TKIP? WPA AES?

How does it work with the original kernel or xionia?

Raptor5150

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tested it but I posted the zip in the first post.
no I ment like... can I just go into recovery and do i use the update one or flash from zip and pick the kernel???

cause i already flashed aosp's kernel.. can i just flash xonia over it?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

No luck installing it here. It hangs on the boot animation.

Btw, does the wired handset works during phone calls with this ROM?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Wired headsets work but there is a small bug; you have to toggle the volume to initiate the sound properly. Blarf said he thinks he knows what's wrong not sure when Ath3nos will be able to get it sorted though, either way not that big of a deal lol :D

raptor5150 said:
no I ment like... can I just go into recovery and do i use the update one or flash from zip and pick the kernel???

You will go in and choose zip from sd card and actually pick the zip you want to flash; flashing xionia over aosp kernel should be fine as it should just overwrite all the files, probably be a good idea to wipe your cache first though.

Edit: and of course make a nandroid before you do just in case ;)

Edit 2: Go with what Mmarz says about the kernels below he would know more than I in that respect looks like he answered about the same time lol

Last edited:
Reactions: wiggums66

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Um, yes but you'll have a different kernel than if you flashed xionia over the original kernel. Xionia is in the "anykernel" format. That means that it extracts parts of your installed kernel and combines itself with it. The aosp kernel I posted is a whole kernel. I hope that makes sense.

You can test it out and flash over aosp's kernel. It'll probably work just fine. If it doesn't, you can reflash aosp's kernel or reflash the entire rom.

Raptor5150

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Um, yes but you'll have a different kernel than if you flashed xionia over the original kernel. Xionia is in the "anykernel" format. That means that it extracts parts of your installed kernel and combines itself with it. The aosp kernel I posted is a whole kernel. I hope that makes sense.

You can test it out and flash over aosp's kernel. It'll probably work just fine. If it doesn't, you can reflash aosp's kernel or reflash the entire rom.
yep wifi is a no go for me.. both kernels.. :( ill reflash the rom and try the original kernel..

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the original kernel and wifi is fine. Actually, everything is fine. Although, anyone know how to make ringtones louder?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

This is why I love the Froyo roms. These Gingerbread roms are like whack-a-mole with bugs.

Try using this app: http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/VolumePlus1.7.1.apk

It is just for Gingerbread, but it lets you increase the volume passed the "safe" limits.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is why I love the Froyo roms. These Gingerbread roms are like whack-a-mole with bugs.

Try using this app: http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/VolumePlus1.7.1.apk

It is just for Gingerbread, but it lets you increase the volume passed the "safe" limits.

I wan more looking for something specifically for ringers and notifications. Don't wanna blow the speaker, just wanna make the ringtones a little louder.

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Xionia 14 running super smooth here. Wi-Fi works, MMS not sure. My test MMS got lost in the cloud I think.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
When I change the LCD dpi and reboot it still does not change. Any one else have this?

Edit: nvm I got it I needed to do a cold reboot and not a hot reboot

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with AOSP CM7

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Try using the dsp manager in the app drawer. Adjust the settings for phone speaker. It worked for me on aosp and since this built off of that it should work here also.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an odd issue. If I don't flash the aosp kernel my wifi works fine. As soon as I flash aosp it quits connecting.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting an odd issue. If I don't flash the aosp kernel my wifi works fine. As soon as I flash aosp it quits connecting.

I'm going to remove aosp's kernel from the first page. There doesn't seem to be any advantage to using it.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site

There's probably incompatibility issues between the two.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to remove aosp's kernel from the first page. There doesn't seem to be any advantage to using it.

Yeah I didn't notice any, in fact with the wifi thing it made things worse lol. Only thing I don't like is the adw being the default system launcher but that's easy to remedy. :)

I haven't flashed our xionia 14 kernel. Would that have any advantage over the xionia 14 that ath3nos has by default other than being made for our phone?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

What's the word on flashing xionia with this rom? I posted them because there is usually problems with the accelerometer or wifi when using S roms on our phones. If the stock kernel works just fine or if the other kernels break things, I'll just remove the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.